LegacyGT.com

is there anthing good about the lgt?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you take care of your Subaru it will take care of you.

soooo...what you're saying is my car is supposed to give me sponge baths, 'check my oil,' and give me full release when my 'turbo' is all spooled up???!!!

...mine doesn't do this. I got ripped off. I knew I should have looked harder for a Spec.B(lowie) :D

OP you must live where it doesn't snow.

You'll learn that we have this love/hate or is it hate/love relationship with our cars. I get feed up with my one of 108 made 05 GT 5mt wagons every now and then. But I love the car so much I can't see ever selling it.

Hey the lessons we have all learned are,

don't get soap in the intercooler.

Learn how to check the oil and top off as needed

Use good fluids in the tranny and rear diff.

Trust me on the last two.

Oh yea, don't feed the troll's. We know who we are.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

oh when its raining out and you open your window and step on the brakes you get water on your lap ! how awesome is that !

How about on a warm morning when you start the car, open the sun roof, roll down the driveway, step on the brake and get a shower.

I did notice the mid-range speaker got washer in the passenger door the other morning, when I got to the end of the driveway.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

some of u guys are too funny to be on this forum u should start a new one for comedians. is there anyone who wants to buy it? cheap its got 10000 miles i need to sell it before it hits 10500.

10500 is 3x3500, meaning the oil is gonna be changed in this car just for the third time and you don't want to do it at the dealer?

Then you engine warranty is void already.

I will buy it for $5. That's all it's worth, because it's super unreliable and has a lot of design faults.

Let me know if you're interested.

Didn't know the original poster drove an Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, or Land Rover.

Lololol :lol:

A $30 gift card to Olive Garden, don't take that. I'll give you a $30 gift card to AutoZone and a racing heritage inspired Honda push mower. Honda was untouchable when they got in to mowing.

The answer is no.

Here is a list of the problem areas of the 4th generation cars:

Sunroof close requires hitting button twice

A $30 gift card to Olive Garden, don't take that. I'll give you a $30 gift card to AutoZone and a racing heritage inspired Honda push mower. Honda was untouchable when they got in to mowing.

DAMN IT...those mow lawns so fast. Faster than that shitty Ferrari mower I got the other day.

• I Donated
10500 is 3x3500, meaning the oil is gonna be changed in this car just for the third time and you don't want to do it at the dealer?

Then you engine warranty is void already.

If you do your own oil changes and save your receipts (that last part is very important), Subaru will not void your engine warranty.

Not sure about things like the 30k service, though.

If you do your own oil changes and save your receipts (that last part is very important), Subaru will not void your engine warranty.

Not sure about things like the 30k service, though.

I was merely hinting that oil should be changed once in 3 month. Slight to moderate violations are unlikely to lead to warranty denial, but changing oil twice in 3-4 years most definitely will.

DAMN IT...those mow lawns so fast. Faster than that shitty Ferrari mower I got the other day.

should have sprung for the Lamborghini model, atleast they have a backround in farm equipment.

The answer is no.

Here is a list of the problem areas of the 4th generation cars:

Paint

Tires

Brakes

Brake Lines

Brake booster

Transmission

Clutch

Throw out bearing

Flywheel

Lack of Front locking differential

Center differential

Rear differential (except for the Spec B )

Front Axles

Location of downpipe

Shifter mechanism

Turbo

Pistons

Oiling system

Oil pickup design

AVCS

Tumble valves

Resale value

Poor quality of interior materials

Rattles

Interior space

Radio

HVAC controls and performance

Shocks

Springs

Ride height

Rear roll bar

Front roll bar

Wheel bearings

Horns

Lights

Exhaust

Weak body structure

Valve adjustment

Service manual errors and engineering mistakes

Connecting rods

Seats

Swaybar mounting points on rear subframe

Wiper heating element

Wiper park sensor

Lack of factory HID

Sunroof close requires hitting button twice

No folding rear seat on '05-'06 sedan

You have this list saved on your hard drive don't you? Updated constantly over the last 6 years.:lol:

Archived