LegacyGT.com

is there anthing good about the lgt?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh haha such a funny guy.......you will not see much help from here on out, so do not break anything....yes it is spelled break....not brake.

unless he breaks his brakes, then he's screwed.

OP, don't listen to these guys, I get soap on my vtech all the time and it's fine

http://www.vsmileshop.com/images/Vtech%20Musical%20Bubbles%20Octopus.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Not acidity - the pH of a soap is higher than 7.

Soaps are alkaline, but it's as bad... Or even worse for aluminum.

I doubt a good quality car wash would be an issue. I wouldn't go putting Dawn or other dishwashing liquid on it on a regular basis though. The alkaline content there is good for stripping wax off before starting fresh. Good car wash should be fine. Thought maybe people were concerned about soap residue pluggin up the fins or something when I first heard about this.

Even good car washes use soap. They wouldn't switch brands of soap to aluminum intercooler-safe soap since it's a relatively small amount of cars with intercoolers that go through there. Most people that have intercoolers wash their cars themselves. I'm glad I was able to buy one of the hood scoop covers for when my car gets washed, just for peace of mind.

Even good car washes use soap. They wouldn't switch brands of soap to aluminum intercooler-safe soap since it's a relatively small amount of cars with intercoolers that go through there. Most people that have intercoolers wash their cars themselves. I'm glad I was able to buy one of the hood scoop covers for when my car gets washed, just for peace of mind.

lucky, I missed the group buy on them. I'm stuck cutting up plastic bags and taping them to the inside of the scoop.

If you're going to a carwash that uses a high concentration of Nash with a pH over 11 then maybe you'd have issues but you would also have to let it sit on the surface for a few minutes before it did much damage. Don't get me wrong, lye will eat the hell out of aluminum but i'm guessing most carwashes aren't using it as a detergent.

Archived