• Created
  • Last Reply
My list for now as follows:

Brake discs/pads.

Stainless steel lines.

Master cylinder brace.

Wider exhaust piping.

Rear O2 sensor.

Stainless lines, and a master cylinder brace will help you a good bit. Makes me remember I need a new bleeder screw. I like your list tho man. I hope things get better so you can get this done

I'm not a huge sticker guy but the Eat, Sleep, Subaru one is pretty awesome. Plus they add your personality to your car which shows the Subaru motto: Love, Its What Makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

Stainless lines, and a master cylinder brace will help you a good bit. Makes me remember I need a new bleeder screw. I like your list tho man. I hope things get better so you can get this done

Things will be back on schedule in a few days. Just need to save up a few more checks & then drop it all at once! Hahaha! I REALLY need my rumble back though. The car sounds too tame without it.

I'm not a huge sticker guy but the Eat, Sleep, Subaru one is pretty awesome. Plus they add your personality to your car which shows the Subaru motto: Love, Its What Makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

Thanks! My car is all about me! Speaking of which, I'm about to tackle a potential front ball joint & wheel bearing problem on the driver's side. The "Eat, Sleep, Subaru & the "got boxer?" stickers are probably my favorites.

I do have an aftermarket deflector - but I also assumed they were all the same:redface:

Interesting - Would you had to have ordered it from the factory with the deflector? Cause mine had no such clips that I'm aware of.

I would assume that the deflector is a pre-ordered factory piece because mine says "SUBARU" right on it in the center.

Yeah man your sedan is beautiful, i have been a little infatuated with your car since i saw your engine build thread. I have been mostly focused on how my car runs. Mines rough around the edges, if I can get it too look as clean as yours I would so happy. Just something about white legacy sedans is like looking at heaven. I like the AWD do it on all fours sticker you got, keep up the slick work.

• 3 weeks later...

So get this.

During the entire time I have owned the GT, I have never looked at the manual.

Not once.

So I take a look at the manual & it has the first multi-point inspection paper before it was sold & the person/tech who signed it (S.Davis) & the first buyers of the car (James & Lori M. from New Canaan, CT).

The car was sold to them on 4/22/1998 & they bought it with cash (26+K) off the lot from the Subaru dealer in Stamford, CT.

I also have the original tire warranties for the car from both Firestone & Michelin.

They apparently loved this car because it kept going back to the dealer whenever something was slightly off.

They were owners of the car for a few years & then sold it to the next owner, who blew the head gaskets & kept driving around with it, forcing them to sell it to me, so I am the third owner of the car.

I don't know about you, but I love history, especially on cars!!

Hey, at least you know it was well cared for. I love finding out the history on cars. Some people think its stupid, but I am with you...i love it lol

Thats rare to see people go back to the dealer with small issues. Most think "whatever"

Hey, at least you know it was well cared for. I love finding out the history on cars. Some people think its stupid, but I am with you...i love it lol

Thats rare to see people go back to the dealer with small issues. Most think "whatever"

Yeah.

That couple gave this car a LOT of love.

It even went in for recalls for the alternator, power steering pump, & master brake cylinder.

The second owner is where it started to mess up some but they also took care of it to a degree since the owner's husband was a dealer tech for Subaru.

This car has a really graceful way of letting you know what's wrong when parts start to fail.

• 2 weeks later...

Your wing brake light doesn't work?lol...dumbass me, I guess you were too busy taking the picture to press the brake, I need to lay off the kush.

Dude! I didn't even notice for the whole 2 years that I have owned it!!!

I need to learn how to get that functional now :/

Are there any LED upgrades to the trunk lid light?

Dude! I didn't even notice for the whole 2 years that I have owned it!!!

I need to learn how to get that functional now :/

Are there any LED upgrades to the trunk lid light?

Lol...seriously? I'm not sure about specific led mods, they sell them for just about anything that light up though.

Lol...seriously? I'm not sure about specific led mods, they sell them for just about anything that light up though.

I'll have to research the LEDs when I get home.

Update:

Got new hoses for the emission/vacuum system & a well of TQ came out of nowhere from 2k to 3k rpm. It feels very welcome & it is very good for street driving. No idea how but there is definitely more TQ. I wonder if assembling the vacuum hoses properly did anything...

http://www.spoilerlights.com/servlet/the-317/15.5%22-Fat-Smoked-Spoiler/Detail

Found those on line they look about right but I counted 50 leds in my spoiler light. The smoked look is cool imo, Im going to smoke the rear lights and garnish except the reverse lights will stay clear. My front lights have a slight smoke to them mostly because I can't stand the lenses.

Well, unfortunately due to a fall into a road pit, the drop ripped the CV joint right out of the differential & completely discombobulated the wheel bearing, hub assembly, & destroyed the lower ball joint. No bends in the control arm though. Not even a scratch. The tie rod is also still intact. The differential almost completely bled out but the CV joint is undamaged.

I figured out which was good & which wasn't. It turns out that these old Subarus are REALLY effing tough. I wonder how the new ones would stand up to such trouble. Anyways, I am just going to post the one preview to the set of brakes that I got in the mail. I'm going to follow them with brand new calipers at some power very soon after I replace the wheel bearing.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Kenshin1984/IMG_0002_zpsba39a68a.jpg

I did that little nick on the disc but it should go away after a few hundred miles during break-in. The set looks awesome. The set has pretty tough pads & these discs seem pretty sturdy & well cut. I really can't wait to put them on.

Don't get those rotors too hot... They will begin to crack around those holes in time..

Johann

Once I put these on, the spirited driving will come to an end.

Don't get me wrong, I love driving in the mountains but at this point in my life, I need to get this car back to square one & abusing it will only halt any further progress. My end plan is to create a machine out of this car that I am absolutely terrified to drive wildly.

Archived