LegacyGT.com

FMS Catback review, with video and sound

wpgspecb

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burning smell has gone away, tips sit pretty good.

The mid to Y pipe clamp that doesn't work, needed a new clamp. I bought a 3.25" clamp as the 3" pipe fits inside a flared end, and the steel is 1/8" thick, so I was told by the local parts store to get a 3.25" clamp. This was a mistake as you need SOME resistance getting the clamp on, I had to put a piece of exhaust wrap around the join then put the 3.25" clamp on. Its all good, I just wish the guy would have listened to me at the store and sold me a 3.125" instead.

The tips are sucked up pretty close to the bumper, I might hit AJW up for some discount hangers.... overall, still super happy.

Only think I would change is switch to Flanges instead of slip on piping...

I have my FMS waiting to be installed when I get some free time and a helping hand. I have heard the slip joints still tend to leak with the clamps on. Would anyone recommend using an exhaust wrap in combination with the clamps to help this? I don't mind grabbing new clamps all around since I need to get a bigger one for the mid-to-Y connection anyway.

Also do people recommend replacing the flange hardware, and if so, can tell me what sizes are best?

Just had mine installed today by a friend. Exhaust sounds GREAT. The left tail pipe hangs low and kind of goofy. Anyone know best way to get that tucked up and sitting nicer? The left muffler and pipe almost looks longer than the right.

Very cool thanks just got your PM. Will send over a pic.

Yea I figured it was an install or hanger issue not a problem with the exhaust being everyone else seems good to go.

I had this problem with another exhaust i installed it ended up being my hanger on that side was stretched a bit so I ordered new hangers fixed it for me

Did not bash. Stated what I see. I can take pix. Car is at my shop. Not a "sale" thread. An open forum thread titled "review".

Said it fit like the GMS. Mid-pipe sits too high in tunnel and hits heat shield. Same thing with the GMS. Does not come from same fixture, it is a copy of the Magnaflow. GMS is a copy of the XO2. I do not know what plant they come from. But it is a Chinese manufacturer. Nothing against China. Many fine products come from their plants.

Pipe clamp at mid-pipe to "Y"-pipe connection hits heat shield so hard it has dented it. Mid-pipe has a rub in it that took out polish from rubbing heatshield.

Owner specifically listed trying to correct fit of CBE and stop leaks at DP connection (he had no adapter) when car was dropped off.

I no longer make any CBE's. Limited production run of 60 (and yes, even being made in USA I had huge issues with manufacturing). So, nothing being sold here.

I dont make the RacerX FMIC. RacerX does. I also no longer sell it. Have not for about 6 months. Only RacerX does.

I stand by my review. I will take pix of the mid-pipe and fit. CNT catted down pipe on the car.

i am not trying to start any bashing, and i know this is a budget exhaust system. I have just been reading mixed reviews of both GMS and FMS....i for one am in the market for an exhaust, but am carefully weighing my options. If i can save hundreds i will, but if it means a lower than expected quality and fitment, then HELL NO! i have been hearing the Chinese made products are of lower quality, as for fitment, not too big a problem if it can be adjusted......

Not really sure if i want to put down $400-500 for a system that will cost me more to make work, and will self destruct in no time, when i can spend more to begin with and have no probs.

Budget being the key word here. Not to say budget pieces can't turn out to be amazing products in terms of value and performance, but more often than not you have to give up a little in certain areas to maintain that "budget".

A few fitment issues and an improperly sized clamp was all I ran into. A little fidgeting fixed the fitment, and Josh sent out a free replacement on the clamp.

Completely worth the "budget" exhaust that it is IMO.

Archived