LegacyGT.com

FMS Catback review, with video and sound

wpgspecb

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's fixed? The bumper to tip contact or the non-fitting clamp?

Put about 1000 miles on my new FMS exhaust in the last week including some "spirited" driving. No problems with bumper/tips. They don't actually touch, just tucked nicely up in the cut-outs. I am using all oem hangers.

I've had this installed for a little over a week now, still loving it. I have video/sound clips of interior driving, with windows up and down. I'll try to get that edited and posted this evening.

Fitment was the same, mid to Y pipe clamp was too small, but i fumbled with it for awhile and added a larger bolt that let me clamp it temporarily. Will be replacing with a larger one soon.

*Edit* Josh - Are current owners going to recieve the larger clamp as a follow-up correction? Or will the clamps just be shipped with future kits?

My tips aren't tucked as nicely as the previous pictures, they have the correct height, but each one is squeezed in towards the center of the car a bit. I'll have to tweak those as well when I replace the mid pipe clamp.

All in all I'd say a pretty well fitted piece for the price.

Had the same burning smell for about a week. I thought maybe there was a rogue packing peanut stuck in one of the pipes or something, but it slowly dissipated and eventually went away completely.

Very happy with it, the sound is terrific. Exactly how a boxer should sound.

How do you embed a video on here anyway?

I'm really enjoying it so far. There's a noticeable increase in noise inside the cabin, but it's subtle with the windows up, and only a familiar ear would notice the change. Of course it becomes a bit more pronounced as you get on it, but there's never a drone, and the noise never reaches the point of nuisance. Perfect in my book.

Just gotta get the cans aligned, midpipe clamped, and im all set.

Should be stage 2 tuned by next weekend.

There is no need for 3" to the muffler with duals, you'll just reduce exhaust velocity even more by doing that.

You have more of a choke at the front flange where it tapers down to allow for use of the stock downpipe and donut gasket.

Agreed, that's the only thing I really don't like about this exhaust. though I suppose it could be solved with some cutting and welding, but IMHO you shouldn't have to do that.

Archived