LegacyGT.com

Virtual Dyno

bbarnhill

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the best way to log, gun it through first second and third gears or short shift 1st and 2nd with a light throttle followed by WOT in 3rd?

Depends if you're looking for the best or worst from your setup really. You make the best pulls with a hot exhaust and turbo plus a cold intercooler. My usual test track is an expressway where I can come up the ramp at high revs in 2nd, short-shift 3rd approaching the top, into 4th at 2k0rpm just as it flattens out and mash the pedal at the same marker every time.

To get the worst results sit in idle for ages so the intercooler is well and truly heatsoaked before a pull and just use the least amount of throttle to reach your start rpm in the gear you'll use. Doesn't make for the nicest numbers but if you're looking for the edge of knock it's a useful test.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Very nice program - numbers pretty much agree with the spreadsheet I've been using.

One question for the people in here though - why does my AP Dyno put up such high numbers? Last "dyno pull" I did said 343HP/350TQ, Virtual Dyno says 273/291 which sounds rightish.

I had the AP set for 5MT, 3rd gear, 3800# (My wife, myself, and a full tank), 2k-6.5k.

• 3 weeks later...
I sent 1.1.8 beta 11 to the beta tester last night. He will get back to me by the weekend and Ill hopefully get good news and release that to you guys this weekend. No promises just making sure you know that Im still pushing to get 1.1.8 out as it fixes a lot of bugs I hope.

1.1.8 has been released. Come and get it!!!

Here is a list of the changes:

- Fixed a bug allowing the display values popup on graph other columns to draw offscreen

- Fixed UI bug that left selected profiles blue when another profile was selected

- Fixed miscoloring of smoothing options on run specific context menu

- Fixed UI bug where was border showing on both sides between HPTQ graph and AFRBoost graph

- Fixed delay when profile is selected till the time the menu is hidden

- Fixed incorrect loading of smoothing factor from saved settings file

- Fixed a bug when writing columnnames.xml on update that caused the invalid root element error

- Added dropdown to select profile from bottom of screen where active profile is displayed

- Added check for file in use when loading columnnames.xml as it may still be updating

- Added trimming of commonly trimmed char from column names when looking for column

- Added EcuTek log support

- Added LS2Edit log support (.LOG only)

- Added Link G4 log support (after running the llc2csv converter only)

- Added UV Scan log support

- Added more time formats to be compatible varying time formats

- Added setting to allow toggling smoothing time in case of unsmooth time signal

- Revamped the settings window to be a window instead of a panel

- Persist all settings across program in a common settings object instead of reading form settings screen

- Moved all updating to the splash screen so updates are done before loading the application

- Replaced most typeof comparisons with the 'is' keyword

- Removed system serial number and install id as it caused instability with the UAC

- Removed application manifests that elevated security and disabled drag and drop with UAC on

- All update versions come from the webservice instead of direct web xml reads

- Column updates are now through the webservice

- Cancel zoom button is always visible but disabled when graph is not zoomed

One of the features in the Airboy dyno sheet is the ability to average the results from two runs. Sometimes it's not possible to find a test track with no slope to it or no wind, and it's useful to be able to average out two runs made in opposite direction. Would it be possible to add this functionality?
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Ill be more than glad to add this if I knew how to average runs. You cant just smash the data together as that is horribly inaccurate or so it would seem when Ive thought about adding this feature. Maybe thats all that it takes.

Ill be more than glad to add this if I knew how to average runs. You cant just smash the data together as that is horribly inaccurate or so it would seem when Ive thought about adding this feature. Maybe thats all that it takes.

I haven't had a look at the math in the Airboy dyno sheet. It works well enough for me!

• 4 months later...
Hmm.... doesn't seem quite right.....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7067/7043488391_5c6944dae9_b.jpg

Gonna have to give a little info to tell us what you think isnt correct. Was it a flat road? Did you have any wheel spin ... etc etc.

Can you add support for the 2005-2007 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5L (Auto)?

1st 3.540

2nd 2.264

3rd 1.471

4th 1.

5th .834

final reduction 3.272

Car weighs around 3500 lbs,

drag coefficient of .29,

Stock size tires I think are 24.6"

Thank you!!!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived