LegacyGT.com

Virtual Dyno

bbarnhill

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This software has been an invaluable tool while I work to tune my own vehicle. However, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. It seems that I've been out logging while it has been very windy. Logs themselves look clean, but some of the dyno plots just look erratic. The car is not knocking so it's not like it pulls timing. The road is perfectly flat where I take the car so the only thing I can think of to cause plots that look like the following is big gusts of wind. Anyone else have graphs that look like this? :spin: The datalog is provided. And yes, I know I'm leaning a bit up top, and that is currently being addressed. :rolleyes:

AVO450squiggle.jpg.0a696c4c06dcc0ac304cf7baced53151.jpg

romraiderlog_20121212_120752.csv

I don't really know exactly what you're asking, but in my post above (#227), my datalog shows the absolute timestamp (which can be selected in romraider when you log to file). The following datalog I took today using the default timestamp.

One thing of interest is that my numbers seem low. Only 278 whp is about 10whp more than my stg2 tune, but my engine load is about .5 g/rev higher and my airflow is 80 g/s higher. MafV is also up from about 4.3 to 4.6v. This was all recorded on flat roads. Some of my logs before using the absolute timestamp showed 300+ whp not even to redline which I would expect from this setup.

I do appreciate that the developer of this software is showing an interest in trying to provide an answer to these little quirks. ;)

romraiderlog_20121213_191020.csv

avo450low.jpg.3cdc20d4f64c39494420de59d1ba4711.jpg

I doubt your wagon weights 3560 with you in it+the stuff in your car.

Do you think higher or lower? I actually have a sedan limited which reports a curb weight of 3365. I'm 175 and figure mabe 20 pounds of junk in my car.

Turn on fast polling in RR. Your sample rate of 250ms could be much improved upon... You could be doing about 70ms instead.

I'll try that and report back. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Joeleodee: dont use fast polling in RR Ive proven its flawed in its sampling. Others have seen it too. I cant get them to understand that there is a problem but Im sure you will be able to notice it when you graph it and there are spikes in virtual dyno. The RPM values and time values do not match up or something. I can show you if you try it and get some weird anomalies. I spent hours tracking this issue down and proving it.

Kastley85891: WHY THANK YOU!!! Glad it helps you out as that is what I created it for. I wanted the community to be able to tune easier and so I created this tool to help the whole community out. Im glad you thinks its worthy of the praise. :) Ill keep making it better if I ever get time away from this home construction my GF is 'letting' me do.

Joeleodee: dont use fast polling in RR Ive proven its flawed in its sampling. Others have seen it too. I cant get them to understand that there is a problem but Im sure you will be able to notice it when you graph it and there are spikes in virtual dyno. The RPM values and time values do not match up or something. I can show you if you try it and get some weird anomalies. I spent hours tracking this issue down and proving it.

I know the phenomenon you're referring to. I noticed it back in August 2011.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/hows-my-lvi-168185.html?p=3520285#post3520285

Supposedly it happens even with fast polling switched off, but because the sampling rate is that much lower, it's not as apparent.

I know the phenomenon you're referring to. I noticed it back in August 2011.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/hows-my-lvi-168185.html?p=3520285#post3520285

Supposedly it happens even with fast polling switched off, but because the sampling rate is that much lower, it's not as apparent.

I have seen this as well, you really have to look at the data and dump out what doesnt "look" right.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 8 months later...

Archived