LegacyGT.com

Legacy's in Texas

kramm

OK AWDtuning's facebook page is saying that car is putting down 400whp with a GT30R! Is this guy on the forums???

Jealous!

Yeah, MIke's LGT puts down right around 430hp/430tq. It's a crazy monster. But now we are doing something even more crazier.... GT35R FTW?!...

I too saw it when I was down there a couple weeks back, and yes, he's on the forums. Via Keith, it belongs to Brooklyngenius. Very nice car.

^Yes. His SN is Brooklyngenius.

Oh sweet - I think that guy has some crazy suspension setup. It didn't look that low in person, although it may have been raised up so the shop could work on the car.

He is on airbags. And yes, it is raised up so we can work on it. Keith and I drove it home from Houston after attenting Mike's wedding a few weeks ago. He was nice enough to make it driveable for us non-slow&low folks. :lol:

Don't ever visit AWD Tuning in person. You will see cars... nice cars. Ones that put ideas into your head. Like GT30 / GT35 ideas. You will hear about mods that you didn't know existed because nobody talks about them on the LGT forums... and you will be jealous.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keith and I got a good laugh out of this one. Glad you guys have fun when you show up to the shop.

And yeah, they are working on some super crazy off the wall stuff up there. Like the 571hp 09 WRX on a GT twin scroll 40R that is only half way tuned (26lbs) right now because he is still on his stock transmission, plastic intake manifold and coilpacks. He will be replacing all of that soon and hoping to make somewhere between 650-700hp when it's all done. Now that guy is crazy. Or how about the 2011 STi from Mexico we are building that will be done this month. Those two guys will battle out for the title of fastest Subie in the shop. :eek:

But honestly at the end of the day, I perfer my 20G on E85 over all of that. The legacy is my baby. Wouldn't trade it in or add more power if you paid me to. I'm happy with it. Plus, I'm in the process of adding new coilovers this week and my Wilwoods should go on next week or so.

Marshall, how are you liking the car?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving it. I get a different group of people to ride in my car each day for lunch and the reactions are priceless.

I was a bit embarrassed at the track tonight for not being able to launch the car correctly. I guess no drive 6mt for 12 months means I have to learn it again. Anyhow best run was a 13.05 @ 107 with a 1.96 60' in 95F san helltonio heat. My hopes of 12.8 @ 108 will be cake when it cools off and I remember how to launch this thing.

lol

I'm loving it. I get a different group of people to ride in my car each day for lunch and the reactions are priceless.

Yeah, it's fun to take skeptics and pin their ears back when they ride in your car. Unfortunately I usually have to take it on the highway because the turbo lag and sharp change in the power band on my car doesn't work well anywhere with speed limits under 50 :mad:

Yeah, it's fun to take skeptics and pin their ears back when they ride in your car. Unfortunately I usually have to take it on the highway because the turbo lag and sharp change in the power band on my car doesn't work well anywhere with speed limits under 50 :mad:

This is why I'm removing my 20G. No quick power when you want it most. Got to be on the highway, or plan out your pull ahead of time. Won't miss it.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

There's a track in san marcos and the obvious soon to be CoA in Austin. I haven't been to either but they aren't to far, all things considered.

Hmm... the one in San Marcos kinda sounds familiar... I might have flown over it before.. I forgot about it.

Is CoA the one where the F1 race is going to be?

Hmm... the one in San Marcos kinda sounds familiar... I might have flown over it before.. I forgot about it.

Is CoA the one where the F1 race is going to be?

CoA is in south part of Austin. San Marcos has Harris Hill Road and Brianne Corn's raceway for rallycross.

Info posted...

Cobb's Old School Meet/Cruise

http://www.facebook.com/events/295509880538089/

June 29 at 6:00pm until July 1 at 3:00pm

First off, the event is for ALL Subarus to come to... not just the old ones!

Shirts: $20 (ordering info below) Design in thread (main logo is the event photo)

Deadline for shirt orders is Thursday, June 21 (see ordering instructions below)

Friday: 8PM-Whenever

Meet and greet at Bonedaddy's House of Smoke, 11617 Research Blvd #A, Austin, TX 78759

Saturday: Bulk of the meet:

9:00am - Arrive at COBB Tuning HQ in Austin

10:00am - Welcome meeting

10:30am - First group out

THE MAP (saturday)... Route guides will be handed out as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205538486844959470459.0004c0308db8876ccfbf1&msa=0

6pm - Dinner: We will be having an all-you-can-eat Texas BBQ Dinner at COBB Tuning's HQ that evening catered by Fuoco e Fumo. I worked out it to $15 per head (supre reasonable!).

Food, Pool Table, Ping Pong Table, hang out @COBB... After party TBD

Sunday:

-11AM Breakfast @ 219 West... be there at 1045 so we can park! http://219west.com/

-small cruise

-late lunch at Bone Daddy's around 3PM (ritual at this point)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info

HOTEL INFO:

I have 10 rooms reserved for us at the Candlewood Suites... I need to know who needs them and I'll have you book with them directly.

$69/night gets you a 1-Queen bed studio suite

$79/night gets you a 1-Queen with pullout sofa sleeper (this would be the party suite lol)

Located here: 9701 Stonelake Blvd, Austin, TX (close to all the action)

-Dinner: We will be having an all-you-can-eat Texas BBQ Dinner at COBB Tuning's HQ that evening. If any of you know, Catered BBQ isn't cheap, so for all-you-can-eat. I worked out that $15 per head would be VERY fair.

Shirts: $20

BBQ Dinner@COBB $15

Deadline for shirt and food orders is Thursday, June 21... Please mention sizes and quantities when ordering.

Paypal kevin@bankheist.net try to send the money as a gift so I don't get nailed with fees.

Subscribe! Im here in Tx also SA to be specific.

Where in SA? There's about half a dozen of us here.

Also, I'm still trying to swap my OBP trunk with OEM spoiler with a non-spoiler trunk, so if anyone knows anyone in Texas (I'll drive to swap) who wants to swap, or if anyone knows of any junk yards with one, lemme know :D

The inspection place AWDTuning suggested failed me for tint.

Replaced it with 35% and passed.

Took my wife's car to a local place and they didn't even look.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I thought it was 30% front, anything rear... I go to a local place here in Dallas near 75 and knox/henderson. I've been a bird chirping in his ear for months about how my car may look a little weird, but is totally kosher.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

25 front and any rear. I had 21 front and 15 rear. I just replaced the front with 35. It doesn't look too bad.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I thought it would be too dark, but the wagons have so much more glass that it's not too bad.

I was told that the law used to be 20%, and was changed to 25% this year.

Where in SA? There's about half a dozen of us here.

Also, I'm still trying to swap my OBP trunk with OEM spoiler with a non-spoiler trunk, so if anyone knows anyone in Texas (I'll drive to swap) who wants to swap, or if anyone knows of any junk yards with one, lemme know :D

I have a BSM wingless trunk in my attic its missing the badge and has a dent there i got it from a pick n pull willing to let it go for cheap and ill be in san antonio and austin this upcoming weekend for the OSM meet.

Archived