LegacyGT.com

Legacy's in Texas

kramm

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw my first Veyron in Dallas a few weeks ago.. I would have thought I would have seen one in NYC, since I see so many Lambo's and Ferrari's, but nope.. out of all places.. Dallas

Not surprised. Dallas is all about cars.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Hey let me know where you plan on parking your car at night....I think I have the right sized blocks to fit under it...also don't lock it...I need to get to the tophat nuts. :lol:

PS, Sorry you're moving to FW from MD. But then maybe you'll be one of those imported folk that trades from a 800 sq ft house to a 3500 sq ft house for even money. :rolleyes:

Your avatar will make more sense here in "Cowtown."

We will be renting, actually. I can't wait. I'm tired of MD.

Anyone have any opinions about 7th street, west of the river? Nice area?

Also, how is traffic? I'll be working near Arlington Municipal Airport and we wanted to live in downtown FW where we can walk everywhere.

Anyone live near Arlington, and know of some cool areas we should look for an apartment?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

We will be renting, actually. I can't wait. I'm tired of MD.

Anyone have any opinions about 7th street, west of the river? Nice area?

Also, how is traffic? I'll be working near Arlington Municipal Airport and we wanted to live in downtown FW where we can walk everywhere.

Anyone live near Arlington, and know of some cool areas we should look for an apartment?

I don't know a lot about Fort Worth except that it's not for me (I'm talking about the in-city hot spots, fun to visit twice a year, but that's it). I feel like a tourist when I go there, as I'm from the coasts.

I live in uptown Dallas, and it's definitely the hottest place to be in the DFW metroplex. I am in real estate and pay close attention to the market. It's bar/restaurant central, lots of night life. Rents are climbing fast though. On the map, uptown's hot area is the corridor between Cedar Springs / Turtle Creek on the left, and Highway 75 on the right. Follow McKinney Ave between N. Pearl on the bottom and Lemmon on the top. That is the place to be. But you're going to be paying $2000/mo for something nice, which is a lot more than anywhere else. There is also a great pocket up by Knox/Henderson and 75. There are many nice pockets spread all over the place, with no great rhyme or reason to where. Some people who want a house instead, but want to stay near the city center are in the M Streets, around Greenville between Monticello and Mockingbird. You can generally save $300/month living on the East side of 75, but it's not quite as nice.

You would have reverse commute living in either city center.

I manage a few houses right where you will be working. They're occupied, but for $1600/month you can do a 2500sqft house. But then you will be in the suburbs. It's great for many, but if you want to be right in the night life and city activity then you aren't going to like that.

The Dallas vs Fort Worth debate is interesting. Fort Worth feels more like Texas than Dallas; it's not a generic city. Dallas, on the other hand, is a mix of Texans and people who aren't from here. There isn't much Texas feel. Very few people will have accents, hardly ever a cowboy hat. Good number of a**holes, but that's any city center. Any time you go out in Dallas you can meet people who just moved there. There is also a LOT more money in Dallas than any other city in Texas. It feels like a mini LA, except people are generally nicer.

I know a great apartment locator, who I am using now and who many of my friends have used successfully. She focuses on Dallas. Let me know if you need a referral, or if you want to hang out when you get here and go drive some neighborhoods just to put eyes on names.

I remember when I first moved here. Ended up in the far suburbs, and was very unhappy. But it gave my wife and I a year to figure out where we really wanted to be. Once a city person, always a city person.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

D, I might take you up on that. We are meeting with an agent on Monday, April 2nd, and have an appointment on Tuesday. We will be there the whole week (actually fly in Friday night, and leave the following Sunday).

If you are free, I'd love to meet up and maybe see some parts of Dallas. We haven't 100% settled on Ft. Worth, so we are still open to options.

I'll shoot you a PM later tonight.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'll be working for a govt. contractor located near by.

Welcome. I am in Houston and would love to join in the meet as I have not seen a single LGT on the road yet. People always look at mine as if it's a space ship out something.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Who all would be in for meeting up in the DFW metroplex? any ideas of times or places? Would like to get to know other Subaru owners around. Any of yall go to cars&coffee in dallas? I will probably be at the next one.

Bone Daddy's in Plano off the tollway.

Tomorrow any time after 5 .. or Sunday any time .. is it too soon ?:confused:

Yes. Try at least 3 weeks out so people who aren't on here every day can find out and keep their schedule clear. Sunday at 1pm should agree with most schedules.

Archived