LegacyGT.com

Legacy's in Texas

kramm

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been coming to Tyler TX once a month since last Aug. I haven't seen one single Subaru in all my trips here!!! Where are the Subarus??? And where can I find the best tasting Chicken Fried Steak??????? :spin::spin::spin:

I have enough drama for now.....

I have been coming to Tyler TX once a month since last Aug. I haven't seen one single Subaru in all my trips here!!! Where are the Subarus???

Obviously not there.

And where can I find the best tasting Chicken Fried Steak??????? :spin::spin::spin:

There is no such thing. Any "steak" worth being "chicken fried" is a steak not worth eating :lol:

I may try to make that one, and in case anyone in the area cares, a couple of us legacies crash a nasioc meet in arlington just south of I-20 on 360 at chili's. we have permission from management to discourage LEO's, and go there just about every saturday night. Will be there tomorrow night with wife's LSi. Starts around 9:45 ish. Usually mary and keith from AWDtuning show up along with myself and another legy or two

its only 20-30 minutes from fort worth or dallas.

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?q=chilli%27s+camp+wisdom+road+grand+prairie,+tx&hl=en&ll=32.652962,-97.063007&spn=0.033459,0.064974&sll=32.748668,-97.022972&sspn=0.309542,0.676346&hq=chilli%27s&hnear=Camp+Wisdom+Rd,+Grand+Prairie,+Dallas,+Texas+75052&t=m&fll=32.646313,-97.063007&fspn=0.033461,0.064974&z=14]chilli's camp wisdom road grand prairie, tx - Google Maps[/ame]

I may try to make that one, and in case anyone in the area cares, a couple of us legacies crash a nasioc meet in arlington just south of I-20 on 360 at chili's. we have permission from management to discourage LEO's, and go there just about every saturday night. Will be there tomorrow night with wife's LSi. Starts around 9:45 ish. Usually mary and keith from AWDtuning show up along with myself and another legy or two

its only 20-30 minutes from fort worth or dallas.

chilli's camp wisdom road grand prairie, tx - Google Maps

That's crazy I manage 2 houses only a few minutes from there. Do you have a link to the Nasioc meet thread?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I've been in the FT worth area since Friday night.

Nice state you all have here.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hope no one got injured or any one got any damage in this storm you guys had up here.. I spent it in my truck in Ennis, TX.. I saw what happened near the I20/I45 intersections on the news, I heard Arlington got hit..

Hope no one got injured or any one got any damage in this storm you guys had up here.. I spent it in my truck in Ennis, TX.. I saw what happened near the I20/I45 intersections on the news, I heard Arlington got hit..

The worst thing I got was a lot of leaves on the car. I was at work in Addison,TX but we just had a lot of rain and some wind for like 15 minutes. Hope everyone else is ok.

It appears most of the accidents will be due to bad personal decision making. If you turn on the radio, it sounds like we're being shelled. I was out during a really bad bout of rain, got car pressure washed for free. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll get a dozen calls about missing roof shingles. Of course all the roofers will be 100% booked for the next week. Definitely saw record standing water on the sides of streets, can imagine cars with worn tires crashing all over the place if going their regular sunny day speed. Best bet is to stay at work and watch a movie on your computer, wait until this quiets down. The problem is of course not the weather, it's the other drivers.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

We hit some DEEP standing water in Ft. Worth. Fortunately, they rented us a Jeep. No more capable off-road vehicle than a rental with added liability insurance!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It appears most of the accidents will be due to bad personal decision making. If you turn on the radio, it sounds like we're being shelled. I was out during a really bad bout of rain, got car pressure washed for free. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll get a dozen calls about missing roof shingles. Of course all the roofers will be 100% booked for the next week. Definitely saw record standing water on the sides of streets, can imagine cars with worn tires crashing all over the place if going their regular sunny day speed. Best bet is to stay at work and watch a movie on your computer, wait until this quiets down. The problem is of course not the weather, it's the other drivers.

And Dallas is full of them... I was up in McKinney last night, drove down US75 and couldn't believe the amount of stupid decisions people make, just to try to get to their destination a few minutes sooner.

I won't be bringing any shingles to you though, Dallas has that Tamiko plant off I45. Maybe be bringing in some lumber though, but we'll see.

Bald tires is a thing here I see. Up north you died in the winter with bald tires (or didn't leave home/work) so the problem took care of itself. Here I see people in expensive SUVs driving around with no tread. Is it because they're rich and totally oblivious or is it because they bought a car they couldn't afford and didn't realize tires for them cost a fortune? Porsche Cayennes seem to be a chief offender in this category.

Bald tires is a thing here I see. Up north you died in the winter with bald tires (or didn't leave home/work) so the problem took care of itself. Here I see people in expensive SUVs driving around with no tread. Is it because they're rich and totally oblivious or is it because they bought a car they couldn't afford and didn't realize tires for them cost a fortune? Porsche Cayennes seem to be a chief offender in this category.

I'm thinking it's a little of both. My manager drives a Volkswagen and she doesn't know anything about the car. People with money are used to just taking the car to the dealership and assume they'll fix all the problems. She drove a Mini before and never knew how much a oil change was. Some People are just lazy though.

You know as well as I do it's all a mix down here. The gas gauge and the shine on the paint is all that matters. The tag line "Thirty thousand dollar millionaire" isn't repeated all the time for nothing. I know a guy who took out 72 %&%$@& month financing on his Porsche Cayenne S, which I know for a fact he cannot afford. I told him I could do his brakes for a small fraction of the dealer quote, but then he took it to the dealer anyways and paid enough to buy the Avalon my sister drives regularly and reliably. I suspect I'm the millionth person to tell the same story.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a $200 speeding tkt in Irving last week, my first in at least 6 years. My pregnant wife was at the salon and called saying she wasnt feeling well so I was rushing to her. She threw up and felt better. Jerk officer didnt even ask why I was speeding.

Should I get the services of some attorney and is it worth it or just pay the $200 fine?

Oh and I'm in for a meet...havent been to a SUbie meet since 3 years ago....i used to go to the MN Firestone meet all the time during summer.

Got a $200 speeding tkt in Irving last week, my first in at least 6 years. My pregnant wife was at the salon and called saying she wasnt feeling well so I was rushing to her. She threw up and felt better. Jerk officer didnt even ask why I was speeding.

Should I get the services of some attorney and is it worth it or just pay the $200 fine?

Oh and I'm in for a meet...havent been to a SUbie meet since 3 years ago....i used to go to the MN Firestone meet all the time during summer.

Are they offering you a deal (pay more and it won't go on your record)?

If not, a competent attorney will most likely get you out of the points in exchange for you paying money to the city and to the attorney. In any situation no one will want to go to court.

I generally recommend against just paying the fine IF it will be points on your license. You don't want a higher insurance premium for the next 3 years, which could be the case. In that case, better to hire a dedicated traffic attorney, whom will make it be a quick resolution, if expensive.

We're getting together this Sunday, make sure to post in the other thread here as I didn't see you listed.

Have we met? I used to go to the Firestone lot some evenings when I had the turbo RS, but that was almost 10 years ago. That was back when Fuji was still riding a bike :lol:

How fast were you going over? If you haven't had a ticket in a long time you can do defensive driving and not get points on your record and be on probation for 6months. Won't be the $200 fine but maybe $50 less than that for no contest plea and signing up for defensive driving I think. Not sure if paying attorney fees is worth the $200 fight if those fess are way more than that...

The option I use is called "deferment" or "deferred adjudication". Only given if going under 20 miles over the speed limit. Basically a win-win. You say you'll behave the next 2-3 months and not get a ticket in that jurisdiction again, if you are able to do that then the court throws the ticket out. You will have to pay full price for the ticket, but they get their money (which is what they want) and you keep a clean record.... actually, I am on a deferment until May 10th... :)

I went with deffered adjudication. They drop fine to 107 (from 220) and I get to pay $10 for some report and take course ($30) online. Wonder if there will be any further charges later......i have 90 days to take the course.

On another note:

Any expert local Subaru shops to go to for DP install and timing belt service.

I went to one suburb Subaru enthusiast shop but their labor pricing was at par with the dealership yet I had to wait half a day to get some work done. It wasn't worth the time spent. I wont take names here out of respect as they do good work otherwise.

I used to go to RS Motorsports in MN and their pricing was worth waiting half a day shooting the shit while the work got done slowly but with perfection. The peace of mind was worth it.

I am looking for a similar shop...local experts...Any recommendations?

Archived