LegacyGT.com

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! I really need to get rid of those body spacers and switch over to LGT control arms to fix my caster issue.

What caster issue?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The Outback suffers from some caster problems when lowered, notice how the wheel is moved forward in the wheel well. Needs to be centered.

Ah. That isn't caster.

Simply a geometry problem.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It's only caster on the steering wheels:

http://www.anewtoronto.com/images1/alignment2_sm.gif

Caster is the angle of the steering pivot, measured in degrees.

Viewed from the side, the caster is the tilt of the steering axis. When the wheel is in front of the load the caster is positive. Three to five degrees of positive caster is the typical range of settings, with lower angles are being used on heavier vehicles to reduce steering effort.

Looks great man! Now for some go fast bits right? :cool:

I am in the market for a catless DP pretty soon and going to get an Infamous E-Tune. I plan on actually having a custom mid, Y and axle back bent first, which means my Namesless Performance axleback will be up for sale eventually. I would like to just get it now but my girlfriend and I are going to the Bahamas for a week and that cleaned me out for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw your post in my grille thread and asked about your rims. SO I tracked this thread down and read the whole thing. Was loving it until the XT played on the hiking trail.

I actually love those wheels! Looks great.

Saw your post in my grille thread and asked about your rims. SO I tracked this thread down and read the whole thing. Was loving it until the XT played on the hiking trail.

I actually love those wheels! Looks great.

Thanks so much, dude! I will probably replaced these wheels with something else before summer but I dig them for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Joe I sent you a PM but my question is - do you need any additional hardware to do the Legacy roof rail swap onto the Outback? I just need to know if I need to order hardware too or just the rails themselves.

Thanks

ss

• 3 weeks later...

Archived