• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
What do you mean? It has a grill.

http://i.imgur.com/BBI0bEe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WSUNgsw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ajti8YZ.jpg

Sublimejoe, your car is so sick! Def one of the best OBXT's I've seen out there. Forgive me for not having read all 42 pages of this thread...but, could you say again where you got the mesh grille? DIY?

I just got a 05 OBXT 5MT and I love it so far! One of the first mods I want to do is a mesh grille, but I've had trouble finding an aftermarket one that is not Legacy-specific...

Sublimejoe, your car is so sick! Def one of the best OBXT's I've seen out there. Forgive me for not having read all 42 pages of this thread...but, could you say again where you got the mesh grille? DIY?

I just got a 05 OBXT 5MT and I love it so far! One of the first mods I want to do is a mesh grille, but I've had trouble finding an aftermarket one that is not Legacy-specific...

Thanks so much!! :wub:

My grill is actually just a customized OEM grill. I cut out the center of it and had the surround painted body color. The mesh itself I purchased on eBay and cut it to make it fit.

Unfortunately there is no manufacturer that makes an aftermarket Outback grill. There was a guy on here a while back who made them but I think that shipped has sailed.

My grill is actually just a customized OEM grill. I cut out the center of it and had the surround painted body color. The mesh itself I purchased on eBay and cut it to make it fit.

Unfortunately there is no manufacturer that makes an aftermarket Outback grill. There was a guy on here a while back who made them but I think that shipped has sailed.

I did some searching and it looks like Rommel sold them but hasn't in a long time.

Was your DIY customization pretty simple--is it just cutting out the center slats and attaching a mesh piece to the back? You don't have a write-up on it, do you?

I'm thinking about doing one myself after getting a black powdercoated mesh insert from this guy: http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=56674&c=66869&i=68174156

BTW, you selling your whip?!:nono:

I did some searching and it looks like Rommel sold them but hasn't in a long time.

Was your DIY customization pretty simple--is it just cutting out the center slats and attaching a mesh piece to the back? You don't have a write-up on it, do you?

I'm thinking about doing one myself after getting a black powdercoated mesh insert from this guy: http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=56674&c=66869&i=68174156

BTW, you selling your whip?!:nono:

I don't have a write up but I could probably find some progress photos if I looked. It was easy enough, just need a steady hand. I also had it professionally painted OBP so that's something I couldn't do at home

after reading these entire 43 pages this is like a soap opera! i have enjoyed this thread to the fullest. i am a new Subaru owner and i have sought out this thread for a lot of helpful advice for the transformation of my OBXT. i looked on youTube looking at exhaust and i came across the cabin footage of you driving with the nameless axle-back, and you sold me on the exhaust before i even owned the car! definitely one of the cleanest OBXT i have ever seen , i want to get mine low and possibly up to stage 2. clean ass car joe!

after reading these entire 43 pages this is like a soap opera! i have enjoyed this thread to the fullest. i am a new Subaru owner and i have sought out this thread for a lot of helpful advice for the transformation of my OBXT. i looked on youTube looking at exhaust and i came across the cabin footage of you driving with the nameless axle-back, and you sold me on the exhaust before i even owned the car! definitely one of the cleanest OBXT i have ever seen , i want to get mine low and possibly up to stage 2. clean ass car joe!

Nice, thank you so much! I am glad I could sway you into modding yours! Welcome to the forums!

I don't have a write up but I could probably find some progress photos if I looked. It was easy enough, just need a steady hand. I also had it professionally painted OBP so that's something I couldn't do at home

Cool, yeah, if you could dig up some photos, that would be awesome:)

I just painted my emblems/chrome matte black with Plasti-Dip and my next goal is to make my grille look as great as yours. I have it out and it looks like I just need to cut out the center...but not sure exactly how I will attach the mesh.

What I did was after cutting out the center and painting I laid down the mesh from the back, then used a flat head screwdriver to fold it into the creases that are already there. Then I hit the back where the mesh meets with the grill with RTV sealant. Haven't had a single problem, including when I wrecked my car and the grill was ripped off the bumper.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived