LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

I turned the camber adjustment bolt and I was able to move the camber back and forth. I told the guy that and also mentioned that the car was in the air when I did it. He said that he'll personally take care of it for me.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

ncfree/ Fredrik - on the topic of alignments, I recently had my done again just in time for Spring and wanted to ask you for some advice.

Toe all Around 0.00

Front Camber L/R -1.4

Rear Camber L/R -1.8

Given that I'm on the RCE Blacks / Bilstein combo with 17mm spacers, I prefer a bit of negative camber (as per Myles and a few guys on here), but would you recommend I do something about the rear camber or safe to run like this?

Honestly I thing your camber is great as is.

I'm sitting about -1.4 front and -1.9-2.0 rear and have not Seen any poor tire wear with 6k miles on the set. I even went into my guy and had him check all my suspension and the wear to make sure that nothing was wrong or causing problems or that my endlinks were going out as I'm on stock endlinks with a 22 (23) rsb whiteline and 26 oem front. He said everything looks great. When I put my springs in I was sitting at -1.3 and -1.7. After it settled significantly and had it realigned. My guy said that it's fine, and even better that way, as long as there's no funny wear and there isn't. I love it cuz it looks good and bites in the corners as those outside tires sit flat as I go around the corners hard. Especially up and down the canyons. Don't fret it. The only other thing I thought about doing is adjusting the toe a bit to reduce the under steer a tiny bit more but we decided it wasn't worth it for the added tire wear it causes on a dd.

Summary, check the tire wear. If it's good, then just enjoy the extra grip you'll be getting on the corners. 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, they cared enough to figure out how to adjust the camber in the front, but not enough to make sure their rig is correct. There is no way that that can be. Something is wrong with their alignment rig. Take it to another shop and hand them that printout, then see what they get when they put it on the rack.

Your shop was willing to let the car go out the door once like that. Imagine how many cars they do that to that they arent getting a correct reading for. They obviously don't care enough.

Take some pics of the rear wheels and post them. -2.8 negative camber vs. -1.1 on the otherside is going to be visually obvious. Heck, I can even tell the difference between my fronts at -1 and rears at -2.2.

Get a second opinion.

I can see the difference so:

1. I got the car like that

2. These springs don't belong on the 13-14 struts

I am going to bring it somewhere else just to get a 2nd opinion but like I said, I can see the difference.

Yes, but the top/left picture is before spacers, bottom/right pic is after..... depends on if you're using Tapatalk or browser where they are

Edited by RailKill

Sounds like you gotta remove the springs and spacers and have the alignment checked with the car stock to see if it within "spec". If it isn't, I would say it's a warranty issue. My guess is that you had about 1.8 degrees of negative camber from the factory, which is not spec and not right.

I can't think of anything that you could have gotten wrong in the spring install because all of the mounting points of the rear suspension are fixed and not adjustable.

Wow, that's crazy. The springs aren't the problem. I bet if you put the stock ones back in there will still be a camber difference from side to side. Sounds like something is off from the factory.

Unfortunately, I think I will be swapping the springs, taking off the spacers, and seeing what it looks like 100% stock. It's not unheard of to get a car straight from the factory with an issue like that.

It's dark out now so I won't be able to get a decent pic of the wheels until tomorrow.

One interesting thing that I just saw.....Eibach has springs on their website that are "Currently in Development" with the part number 7725.140. They are listed for 2012 Legacy only. The springs I have now are part number 7722.140 and are listed for 10-11 Legacy. I didn't know that the springs were different between '11 & '12

Edited by RailKill

That looks pretty the same to me. I still think its their alignment rig. I would ask another shop to check it for you to verify the other shops numbers before you switch back to stock.
Yep, agreed. I also can't really see any significant difference. My mind is telling me the passenger side is off but I don't see it.

Its hard to take a picture of a 1 degree difference
Chris - if you're near AZP this weekend or next week - stop by there, their alignment machine is back in operation.

Or if you don't mind driving through Queens - I highly recommend one of the 106st Street Tire locations! These guys are as crazy about tires/wheels/suspensions as we are about our Legacies:

http://106sttire.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/106-st-tire-and-wheel-corona-2

Nice thing about them is they are open almost 24/7 and do alignments as late as 8PM. Call ahead.

I figured it was going to be hard to show the difference. I'm going to go next week for a second opinion

My $0.02. Find a reputable shop used by folks who track their cars.

A long time back, I had issues with my alignment/steering in a FWD car. I took it to wheel works, goodyear, etc. My boss recommended a shop he used exclusively. They got it fixed at 150% of what others charged. But, they got it fixed.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

My $0.02. Find a reputable shop used by folks who track their cars.

A long time back, I had issues with my alignment/steering in a FWD car. I took it to wheel works, goodyear, etc. My boss recommended a shop he used exclusively. They got it fixed at 150% of what others charged. But, they got it fixed.

The place I had it done is a place like that. The mainly work on imports, muscle cars and race cars. They have top of the line equipment and are very reputable. It is possible that its there equipment is faulty and I know you guys say you can't see much of a difference in the pictures but when I look at it in person, I can see something isn't right.

My next step will be to go back to stock and see where the car sits and take it from there.

The place I had it done is a place like that. The mainly work on imports, muscle cars and race cars. They have top of the line equipment and are very reputable. It is possible that its there equipment is faulty and I know you guys say you can't see much of a difference in the pictures but when I look at it in person, I can see something isn't right.

My next step will be to go back to stock and see where the car sits and take it from there.

When you put the rears back to stock, all you need is a reading since the reat camber cant be adjusted.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

They still look pretty much the same to me and I still think it is their alignment rack. Don't waste your time swapping springs. Another shop won't charge you much to just put the car on their rack and take a reading. The charge is in the adjustment process.

I too, have seen some SERIOUS right rear camber even though the hunter rack says it's bang on with the left rear. I had belts showing on my summers when I went to go swap them this week. That's what I get for having Discount Tire do that for me (which they often do for free btw).

...I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I'm hoping some Outback owners would find it useful. I was looking around the RS*R USA webpage and it appears that they produce lowering springs for the BR Outback. Per the Japanese site they make springs for the BM9 sedans as well, but I couldn't find it listed there. I suspect those interesting in different springs other than Swift, H&R, Eibach, RCE, Tein, or Tanabe can special order a set.