LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo kit, 1000 miles later.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I am. I was gonna get a tune but my clutch is starting to slip so the money went to that instead.

What clutch did you put back in ? I went ahead to the LGT clutch after the stock PP failed under warranty

As for the drag strip, I'm not sure that will be happening anytime soon. I honestly wanted to try to get into auto crossing though.

You will want to look up classing, I have a feeling you very much do not want to get into AutoX with that car. Aftermarket forced induction on an N/A car is going to put you into. I *think* that will put you into Street Modified at a minimum, which is the playground of the 450whp race gas STIs running on R-Comps.

Autox it and it goes straight to SM class. not a good place to be if you want to be competitive. if he removed his bumper beam though for the FMIC, then he goes to the prepared or mod classes which PAX even worse.

How much do you have in the total project to include the cost of the car if I may ask?

Including the turbo kit and car (purchased new) only, around $28k.

For the auto crossing guys, I'm not going to be doing it to be competitive at this point. I really want to do it for fun and to connect with the car and its capabilities. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll have to see what happens this summer if I get around to it.

Including the turbo kit and car (purchased new) only, around $28k.

For the auto crossing guys, I'm not going to be doing it to be competitive at this point. I really want to do it for fun and to connect with the car and its capabilities. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll have to see what happens this summer if I get around to it.

The tricky part about "not being competitive" is it's very hard to gauge how well you are driving if you have nobody in a competitive class to compare with. I don't really "compete" in ESP, but I like to know roughly where I stand. My car doesn't hold me back, I hold it back, and being way out of class you have a rough time knowing where to improve.

Does the power delivery come on comparable to the GT's? Would be nice if it hit a little bit earlier, and does it run to redline or fall off at some point before? Seems like good numbers for a low amount of psi.

Rock if you look at a oem LGT dyno you see delivery on this is smoother: powerband does not peak as early as a LGT. An lgt "hits" earlier and harder then falls where this is still building power (EDIT not re: amount of power, re: shape of powerband)

Nice work!

And the best part of the mod - NO HOOD SCOOP! Talk about stealth!

The funny thing is I really love the look of the scoop and always wanted one. But not having it and being a silver car, I get hardly any attention from anyone, which I also like.

i'd like to see some videos if you dont mind, in car, drive by I wanted to see what its like

I'll try and get some this weekend once I can get someone to assist me in taking videos.

Anything in particular as far as the interior videos go? As in different speeds? Or different accelerations?, specific details will make it easier for me!

just do a start up, cruise, WOT and some shifting

Okay, I'll get that all set by Sunday or Monday for you.

In the mean time, here's that picture of the oil pan for you GEE-OTTO. This is when my dad had the headers down. The left hole is the one that did not work. The one on the right with the line hooked up is the current set up that works.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4742/oiltapspots.jpg

Let me know if there are any other questions! This install is very doable with patience.

nice work ! self installed too

missed this thread earlier =/

i'm going to include a link to this thread on the FAQ since i think it has some good info based on the fact that you did the install yourself

nice work ! self installed too

missed this thread earlier =/

i'm going to include a link to this thread on the FAQ since i think it has some good info based on the fact that you did the install yourself

Thanks, sounds good! It wasn't easy but it was a great learning experience. If anyone else has questions definitely ask. I didn't know much of anything when I started. I could probably put this kit in in a weekend now, having taken the time and patience the first time.

Archived