LegacyGT.com

Car Totaled....

Might just have to take you up on that extended armrest; want to throw in the emblems too?

+1 for the shift knob comment. One of my favorite commercials of all time & will definitely do it if my Subaru saves my life!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am indeed glad that you are doing ok. Whiplash, as I can tell you from experience, can take a few years to develop. Keep this in mind when dealing with your insurance company. Don't sign anything that says that you can't revisit medical costs down the line on this claim.

At the risk of sounding just as callous as the rest of these vultures, what would it take to get you to ship the left tail light to CA? One of the jac#@$$es at the restaurant next door to my store backed into the left rear corner of my SpecB and scratched the hell out of the stock one.

Hey what subwoofer enclosure were you using. I've been thinking about pulling out all of the foam in the spare tire enclosure and custom form fitting one. Was yours louder outside than inside?

I will start the rock2534 fund and offer you money to put towards a new car. In exchange, all i ask for is a bunch of interior trim pieces. Pretty much everything that is black except for the seats and arm rest, which seems to be spoken for.) I'm right down the road (almost 100 miles down 476) from you, so I can swing by.

If I were you, I'd take the time to part out every single bit I can before the insurance co runs off with it. It'll make your new replacement that much nicer. That's a pretty amazing amount of damage too, glad it did what it did and protected you. Makes me feel a bit better about driving mine in the wild west of Chicagoland.

I am indeed glad that you are doing ok. Whiplash, as I can tell you from experience, can take a few years to develop. Keep this in mind when dealing with your insurance company. Don't sign anything that says that you can't revisit medical costs down the line on this claim.

At the risk of sounding just as callous as the rest of these vultures, what would it take to get you to ship the left tail light to CA? One of the jac#@$$es at the restaurant next door to my store backed into the left rear corner of my SpecB and scratched the hell out of the stock one.

Hey what subwoofer enclosure were you using. I've been thinking about pulling out all of the foam in the spare tire enclosure and custom form fitting one. Was yours louder outside than inside?

+1 on insurance advice. Make sure you pull out all invoices & receipts for the parts you had on it. They're obligated to cover those losses too!

They are only obligated to cover additional losses if you told them about the additional parts, which in turn would have most likely rose your premium to cover them.

However you are entitled to strip them off the car.

If you have the place to keep it, you may be able to make a few dollars buying it off the insurance company and parting it. I bought my 94 SHO Taurus back and sold it to a family friend who needed an engine. I couldn't bare to think a good Yamaha engine was going to be salvaged. I didn't make anything, but looking back I should have parted that thing out.....

And we aren't gold diggers... were just trying to help a fellow Suby family member turn his lemons into some lemonade ;)

As long as everyone could walk away from that I would say you can be happy - this is what insurances are for. Just get another car and have fun. Sad thing is that it's not funny to have any unplanned car swaps.

At least I hope that the other dude injured his pride seriously.

453747.png

It sucks, because finding another car just like your old one is going to be very difficult.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

And we aren't gold diggers... were just trying to help a fellow Suby family member turn his lemons into some lemonade ;)

"when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give rock2534 lemons! Do you know who he is? He's the man who's gonna burn your house down...with LEMONS!" (portal2)

couldn't resist :lol:

very good to hear that you are alright. And I agree with others, take all your aftermarket stuff off and sell it.

Thanks for the well wishes. Looks like I am getting $18.5k from insurance, time to start looking for another car. I am not all that fond of the new gen LGT's, so unless I find an 08-09 I think I will not be getting another subaru.

I did get some things from the car, not much. There wasn't much in the way of upgrades on it. I wasn't trying to get at the downpipe. I have the stock cans and got the spare tire sub enclosure that was in there. The one made by ItalianStalion, he had a thread on here for those.

saw this on AcuraZine, sorry to see this happen! But at least you are ok!

Yeah I used to have a CL-s before the LGT. I was looking at an 07 TL-S yesterday, might get that as a replacement.

Sucks to hear man, glad that you're ok though. If your deal with the interior falls though let me know, I want the carpet, and all the seats.

Yeah I used to have a CL-s before the LGT. I was looking at an 07 TL-S yesterday, might get that as a replacement.

right on, i had an 03 TL. Loved that car, hated the transmission.

and also vote 07 TL-S, although you may miss the all wheel drive.

I would be interested in one of the wheels if you are looking to part the car. I need to replace one of mine that I scratched pretty good a few months ago. I'm in Tampa, FL if you're interested in making some money off the car. Thx.

where in Allentown did this happen? very glad to see you walked away. f that a-hole and his impatience.

Center city, 15th st/ 22 highway entrance/exits. This guy is trying to say I ran a red light now, but I don't think he is getting much support from the police report or the witness who saw his dumb ass turn left when he had no arrow.

Archived