LegacyGT.com

Car Totaled....

what a dick, did you at least get an apology? it doesnt bring the car back but at least it shows some remorse on his part

No, he asked if I was alright, but then wouldn't even look at me. He knew he was at fault. Cop talked to us separately, cop said the guy told him i was speeding up the road, then he tells his insurance company I ran a red. My insurance company talked to him, and he said he had a green light, which he did, but not the green arrow. My direction had a green light too, so he should have waited to turn. She repeatedly asked him if he had a green light or arrow and he wouldn't answer.

I wasn't happy about it at the time, but since he wasn't saying how he had the right of way I was civil about it. I felt like yelling at him, but felt he was SO in the wrong, that I wouldn't have to worry about it and just let the insurance companies do what they are paid to do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I was in claims, my favorite comeback for "but he was speeding" was "so you pulled in front of a speedin car?". They usually go quiet and have no answer.

Ha, yeah I think both insurance companies know who is at fault. He might blame Infamous next, by reason that if the car was not modded it wouldn't have reached the intersection as quicly, thereby giving him time to make it through.

I think Infamous was lazy because if he tuned your car to be f4st444r you'd have been across the intersection already. See what I did there? :)

Crap like this can turn into word vs word and both companies have to tell their policyholders they will end up having to fix their car and you'll be out your deductible. But don't worry, it sounds like the asshat admitted to his own ins co at least what truly happened so you should be good.

Archived