LegacyGT.com

A different Horse Power Approach for N/A rides !

well I have already done the sways, new endlinks, and reinforcement brackets. installing a light weight pulley on Wed. and then onto exhaust and coilovers. While these are all great improvements on my ride It will cut a bit of weight though it may be a small amount and will I notice it... maybe or maybe.... however, it will make a difference... whether it be large or small it is still a difference

i think the difference you will notice is mainly the benefit of having coils and not as much weight, but with our cars every little bit helps

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be. The difference between a full tank and an empty tank is more than 50-lbs, and you can't feel a difference in the car from that.

If you want to make a noticeable difference, get lighter wheels and tires, and a lighter flywheel. Those are things that will be noticeable.

Weight savings going to coilovers isn't going to be noticeable, and it will be overshadowed by the new firm ride.

You'll never notice a 100lb difference. This is a car you daily drive, not a race car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

He cant get a lighter flywheel, he has the 4eat :lol:

with the gearing on that slushbox, he may as well tie his car to a light pole. he'd have to lose 200+lbs to even start feeling a difference. and event then, a stock 2.5i 5mt will be quicker to 60.

Didn't notice the 4EAT.

I'd think REAL hard about messing with the car, then. Keep it stock, and it'll be worth more when you go to trade it in on something more in line with what you want from a car.

Obviously, it's your car and you can do what you want. But think long and hard about what you are getting yourself into.

And before you jump onto the coilover bandwagon, coilovers on a street car just aren't what everyone says. You can't afford coilovers that will outperform struts on bumpy real-world roads. So while you might cut 30lbs off the car, you'll end up slower at the end of the day. $899 coilovers are going to ride like garbage. Coilovers are fine for track and auto-x duty, but punish you on rough roads.

If you REALLY want to make the most out of the power you have available, start going to driving schools.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

the 4eat is a bit slow I recognize that but when I put my car in sports mode and switch my throttle controller to level 9 it gets up a lot faster than it would normally with its factory throttle setting I believe you would be surprised... Its not extra HP of course but it is a very aggressive throttle setting.

And as far as trade in guys I dont go through cars like shirts like most of us Americans... I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. That is my nature when it comes to a daily driver. I drove my Honda civic till It hit 189k and it still had plenty left in it until it was totaled so hopefully you see where I am coming from.

Besides from a Money stand point me investing in my ride on some simple performance mods will still in the end be a lot cheaper than say me trading in this car after tax and license I would know I have a brother who is the exact opposite when it comes to a cars... He went from a corvette z06, to a Honda S2000, to a BMW M5, to Lexus IS 350. All in the span of 4 years and He spend soooo much money on simply just tax and license... So lets not forget Uncle Sam when it comes to all your suggestions of trading in my car and getting a faster one would be cheaper.... That simply is not true at all. Unless you are the type to finance your tax in which I must say NOT SMART lol

the 4eat is a bit slow I recognize that but when I put my car in sports mode and switch my throttle controller to level 9 it gets up a lot faster than it would normally with its factory throttle setting I believe you would be surprised... Its not extra HP of course but it is a very aggressive throttle setting.

man, you must be desperate. :lol::lol::lol::lol: all that throttle controller did was make you floor it all the time when you go half throttle. how much did you spend on that? I'm glad you think it does something though.

And as far as trade in guys I dont go through cars like shirts like most of us Americans... I will drive this car until the wheels fall off. That is my nature when it comes to a daily driver. I drove my Honda civic till It hit 189k and it still had plenty left in it until it was totaled so hopefully you see where I am coming from.
its not about going through cars, it about have the car you want. clearly the 2.5i isnt the car for you since you are willing to spends thousands for little to no gains

Besides from a Money stand point me investing in my ride on some simple performance mods will still in the end be a lot cheaper than say me trading in this car after tax and license I would know I have a brother who is the exact opposite when it comes to a cars... He went from a corvette z06, to a Honda S2000, to a BMW M5, to Lexus IS 350. All in the span of 4 years and He spend soooo much money on simply just tax and license... So lets not forget Uncle Sam when it comes to all your suggestions of trading in my car and getting a faster one would be cheaper.... That simply is not true at all. Unless you are the type to finance your tax in which I must say NOT SMART lol

Im not suggesting that you get 5 different cars in the span of 4 years. just 1 car. add in all the money you would spend on mods, accounting for tax, title, license, and the value of the 2.5i and it will be more than enough for a stock LGT, and on top of all that, your suspension/brakes/aesthetic mods will fit too. Buying the car with the stuff from the factory will always be cheaper than putting it in later on the lower model.

man, you must be desperate. :lol::lol::lol::lol: all that throttle controller did was make you floor it all the time when you go half throttle. how much did you spend on that? I'm glad you think it does something though. QUOTE]

Wow whitetiger... you have got to be the most antaganistic or pecemistic person I have come in contact with on this site, I have not decided which of the two quite yet... maybe both... but it is A nice balance of honest opinion/fact and sarcasm on your part so I appreciate the input.

take out your spare, and anything else you can live without, get an intake, header, exhaust, hfc, and an opensource tune, without spending too much money you can make noticeable improvements...

check the FAQ, under exhaust section there is a link to what you can do to make a custom setup

That is right I forgot there is that sticky that, that one guy did right;)

That is pretty funny PRE-Dent... I dont know you may need to watch out... I might be coming up on your bumper for most 2.5i Mods in Utah when I get finished.... haha

heh buy a 2.5gt, then sell your hood, and get a FMIC... then BAM... 2.5i look... 2.5gt fun. and you'll save yourself about $3k :)

(FYI, I started out with a '05 2.5i and realized it is what it is and upgraded) I've been pretty happy with the choice (except for the premium gas prices)

Most 2.5i owners really upgrade suspension and interior/exterior aesthetics... little to be done in terms of power upgrades (as previously stated in this thread). Love the white legacy's!

A gt would be nice however... just got this a few months ago... the wife would kill me with the money we would lose on a trade in... Ill stick with my lower grade gas and suspension upgrades and just have fun going fast on the turns. Besides I have to end up leasing a vehicle for business use here pretty soon so we will see...

Archived