LegacyGT.com

A different Horse Power Approach for N/A rides !

2.5I's are still nice cars... they are what they are... and can be done up to look just as nasty as a 2.5gt (IMO better looking because of no hood scoop... much cleaner looking)... when my fiance's car ('01 NA LGT) finally craps out, I wanna get a 2.5i... so i can drive it to work and she can drive my car (my commute is 100+miles/day)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ that is a long commute... reminds me of my parents growing up in Sacramento and them driving to San Fransisco everyday.... 101 miles each way. That was the main factor in my purchase. I drive a lot everyday with College and Work so the Main reason was fuel cost/budget/needing a car since I rolled my civic.

To OP, is there an option for you to swap out to a 5 speed manual? I would think this would:

1. Save a little weight.

2. Better gearing.

3. Probably save more money than on aftermarket weight reduction.

I guess the down part is convincing the wife to drive manual.

yeah, that would be a huge waste of money

Yea, but it would save weight and make the car faster!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

^ that is a long commute... reminds me of my parents growing up in Sacramento and them driving to San Fransisco everyday.... 101 miles each way. That was the main factor in my purchase. I drive a lot everyday with College and Work so the Main reason was fuel cost/budget/needing a car since I rolled my civic.

Gas mileage isn't appreciably better in an N/A than in an LGT. I drive 100 miles a day, and seem to get about the same mileage as the N/A guys. It costs me an extra $4.50 to fill my tank, but smiles-to-the-gallon are way higher in my OBXT.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived