LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

ClimberD, i'm from Kazakhstan, and I wanna do this mod to my trans (5EAT), engine 3.0R (245HP). I know a good transmission repair workshop in our city, they can clean/repair valve bodies. Can I buy only tuned parts and install them here? Thanks!

Hey posted this in the other thread not sure which one is the right one but I'm from Australia and have an MY07 GT-B, not sure where this fits in with the US models and whether I would need the current VB or wait for the 08 VB??

well we need to determine if its the new or old style. i don't know if there are any external casting differences between 05-07 and 08 + types. other than that a photo of the valve body inside of the cover would be a way to determine. it

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

well we need to determine if its the new or old style. i don't know if there are any external casting differences between 05-07 and 08 + types. other than that a photo of the valve body inside of the cover would be a way to determine. it

I THINK mine is the new style, it's a post facelift or series 2 in our market, the pre facelift or series 1 would be the old style?

body style changes don't always mean drive train changes.

Well in Australia we went from a 2.0L engine with a twin scroll set-up in the prefacelift to a 2.5L engine with a single scroll set up in the post facelift, not sure if there was a drivetrain change somewhere in there!

shift it over to manual mode and when cruising, manually downshift, pay attention when you command the downshift, you are going to feel or notice 1 of 2 things:

when it downshifts to the lower gear, it clunks/jerks (like you stab on the brake momentarily)

or

when you downshift, the engine revs during the shift then is in the lower gear. if you are not on the brake, it will feel relatively smooth

if you still dont know, post a video on here with the downshifting. one of us can figure it out

1st one is the current model ClimberD can do the mod

2nd one ClimberD is still working on the mod

Edited by underground000

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

ClimberD, please forgive my laziness. I know the info is out there but I'm not able to find it in reasonable time. Is the '10~ LGT 5EAT like the '07~'09 one? I have a friend asking for help with a stg3 build and I don't dare let him go to Bryan for a turbo until I know the trans can be upgraded, or is stronger as stock than the earlier ones.

Thanks!

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

08 + are the new style .. i don't know if they did another revision in 10 or 11 ..

but as of now there is nothing for 08+ except for my awesome center diff buletproofing bushings

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Theres a 2010 LGT 5EAT??? Not in the USA.

Would you even want such a thing? I still can't understand why people buy them...

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

i don't know if they did another revision in 10 or 11 ..

Thanks. Thinking about it, Subaru almost never change chassis, engine AND trans in one model year. My buddy will just have to wait a while to realize his stg3 dreams. Hopefully his stg2 tune will keep him happy for a while.

Yup 5eat and GT appear to be having a breakup. Though the 5eat can do some really cool stuff (like shift for you) it does have downsides like consuming more power than MT.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Yup 5eat and GT appear to be having a breakup. Though the 5eat can do some really cool stuff (like shift for you) it does have downsides like consuming more power than MT.

Are you working on the 08 ClimberD? I too am interested in this.