LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

Wait... KS Tech can't make an intake for my EFR? been waiting for him...

Last time I talked to him he was very willing to make one. He has lots of experience making them for rotated set-ups, and has quite a few options already available.

I have the very first KSTech for a LGT, and it works great. I have confidence he can build one for a TS EFR build. Might not be 100% perfect, but he is willing to do some back and forth mods, or build one that will fit into the fender, but be too long on the turbo side, and require cutting on site.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, Litchfield recently came out with a line of upgraded TS turbos that mate up to OEM subaru TS pieces. However, it doesn't seem anyone in North Ameica is using them yet and it is a bit difficult to guage the results coming in from the UK.

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/litchfield_subaru_twin_scroll_turbo.asp

http://scoobynet.com/753591-litchfield-twin-scroll-turbo-28.html

Apparently, these litchfield turbos are moving to billet wheels. It seems on 2.0L engines the milder versions seem to outperform V36/37 in response/spool/power.

These turbos are pricey...

Something you should know about the dyno graph Litchfield has posted... They are in a shootout mode, that means a correction factor has been applied. I do not know what that correction factor is, but it could be as high as 20-30%.

I'm on moth 3 of backorder for my TS7064

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Understood, about the Litchfield graph but if you look at the scoobynet link you'll see some 3rd party dyno graphs and they seem to be good but like I mentioned it is hard to guage their results. Not sure if they are EFR good but looks promising for a stock location TS but probably just as expensive as an EFR.

Right but better then the V36/37 equipped cars on the same dynos. Anyways, like I said it is a bit hard to judge the numbers coming out of that thread. They seem to be better then the V36/37 but it is hard to compare to results we see on North American spec tuned cars.

okay...

What I meant is that the tuning scene is a bit different and mods you see on there cars is not quite the same. Also, I am not familar with what kind of power a subaru should put down on those dynos graphs in those threads and there is no data logging that I can see.

http://elementtuning.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Element-Pro-Comp-Hydra-27-GT75Ptrim-JE.jpg

This is how much supporting mods can change spool time... this is an element 75lb/hr turbo running on a big valve 280/280 cammed motor...

this sucker spools like a 30r with stock heads and its still stock bore/stroke.

What i really want to see is the FR twin scroll setup on an otherwise stock long block.

http://elementtuning.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Element-Pro-Comp-Hydra-27-GT75Ptrim-JE.jpg

This is how much supporting mods can change spool time... this is an element 75lb/hr turbo running on a big valve 280/280 cammed motor...

this sucker spools like a 30r with stock heads and its still stock bore/stroke.

What i really want to see is the FR twin scroll setup on an otherwise stock long block.

205 or 257? If it's an STi motor, it's 600rpms tardy to the party for a 30r, depending in part on boost. If it's shooting for 30psi, might be very close to a 30r peaking at 20+ psi.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

its a 257 & i wouldn't say its anywhere near 1000 rpm late of a Gt3076r on a stock cammed/valved motor

Matter of fact i would say its about DEAD ON.

http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=275&rgb1=000000255

Not to disagree with you because it seems like a lot of people have their 30r setups putting down power that way. When I think of a properly setup 30r on a stock 2.5L longblock, I think of torque peaking around 4000rpms or close after, STi 4th gear.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761290

I know it can be done.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Last time I talked to him he was very willing to make one. He has lots of experience making them for rotated set-ups, and has quite a few options already available.

I have the very first KSTech for a LGT, and it works great. I have confidence he can build one for a TS EFR build. Might not be 100% perfect, but he is willing to do some back and forth mods, or build one that will fit into the fender, but be too long on the turbo side, and require cutting on site.

He said he'd look into it but hasn't got back to me yet, so I may have the intake custom made by one of Cobb's dudes.

• 4 weeks later...
God i hope so... this is pretty much what i'm basing my build on, if these suck i'm going stock location, if they rock, i'm welding up some schedule 20 weld els and making a TS manifold for myself.

so you've been waiting long than me! but yeah i was given the march date.

in a way it's a good thing given the situation borg is in and i'm sure they are livid. ideally they would have gone to a proper supplier off the start but it just didn't work out that way. at least now instead of sending out things that don't meet borg's quality and quantity requirements, we will have beautifully crafted investment cast turbine housings to mate up to the turbos! when? who knows!

• 3 weeks later...

So, my car has been on jack stands for most of this year so far and Full-Race still does not know when I will have my EFR. :(

But... In the meantime, I have installed Whiteline rear diff bushing and steering bushings; Group N transmission mounts/bushings and engine mounts; STi/Defi gauge pod; Primitive Racing rear diff cover; PLX R500.

Archived