LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Not sure yet... We'll see what happens!

2) Running a Walbro 255. From what I understand, I should be good to go. If not, I'll check out the DW 300.

3) Header/uppipe/downpipe have been ceramic coated. Should I wrap as well?

4) Christian from Cobb will be tuning me on a Mustang dyno.

At your altitude you may have enough fuel pump, but I really doubt it, at least not if you push it.

On COBB's mustang (which reads a little high) you should be able to easily achieve 430 whp on E85............ If you have enough fuel.

I would wrap, it holds in a lot more heat (which helps with spool and boost threshold). The FR headers are not gonna crack, so wrap 'em. Besides, if you don't you will slowly (or quickly if extended WOT or track use) melt your under-tray. As far as I am concerned wrapping is a no-brainer. The majority of the tuners do on there own cars.

I've got an aluminum skid plate. :)

Ceramic coating not good enough? Wanted to do that instead of wrap but if it's necessary...

It is not at all necessary. The FR headers are very thick, and the ceramic coating helps keep in heat as well. But if you want the best responding, quickest spooling set-up you can have.................

Using an AP I assume? If so, I really really hope we can get some logs from you. I am particularly interested, as this is likely my next turbo.:)

1) Not sure yet... We'll see what happens!

2) Running a Walbro 255. From what I understand, I should be good to go. If not, I'll check out the DW 300.

3) Header/uppipe/downpipe have been ceramic coated. Should I wrap as well?

4) Christian from Cobb will be tuning me on a Mustang dyno.

Your ID1000's will run out on E85 and a single walbro probably won't be enough. I think a single Aeromotive Stealth pump would suffice but still probably be pegging out the ID1000's.

• 3 weeks later...

I swear us subie folk are going to be dead last getting our EFR stuff..

I mean perrin has SS numbers up on NASIOC but NO ONE has a TS yet but there are hondas and nissans with them all over their FB page ....

GRRRR...

I swear us subie folk are going to be dead last getting our EFR stuff..

I mean perrin has SS numbers up on NASIOC but NO ONE has a TS yet but there are hondas and nissans with them all over their FB page ....

GRRRR...

Links to some of the Nissans if you have it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyfE5rRykPk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Skyline R34 GTR w/ Full-Race BORGWARNER EFR Twin-turbo RB26 kit[/ame]

twin single scroll R34

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8JMwiwams8]YouTube - R34 Skyline GT-R -- Full-Race Twinscroll turbokit -- BorgWarner EFR 8374[/ame]

twinscroll R34

And i saw an sr20 but i think it was last week...

I can understand not wanting subie numbers first because of our awd handicap...

don't want the honda people being like 450whp....thats all??? not understanding the additional 10% loss we have that they don't... but seriously it seems NO ONE has one... and i wanna know numbers!!! lol

But stock fitment uppipe? That's pretty weird, would indicate some frankenstained hot side, with Subaru inlet and V-band outlet. Unless they would so some adapter but then I'd be surprised if it fits with stock intake inlet.

That being said, I wish someone would make stock twinscroll version, or just uppipe to match stock JDM (STI) headers.

I believe so..

Everything that I have read about the stock location Subaru EFR turbo is that is it "bolt in" with the exception of the V band FR DP. However, IMO, they'll probably have to be a change in the UP, they just have not yet officially stated that. Also, I believe the stock turbo inlet should work find and STI style TMIC and FMIC configs with the "stock location" Subaru EFR turbos. I expect that FR will officially clarify a bunch of these items closer to the launch of the stock location turbos.

It was announced, quietly, that there will no longer be a stock-location EFR.

That is what I heard too.

At any rate, the SS 7064 seems to spool around 3500 (according to Perrin) and the real advantage to these turbos is being able to run them in TS easily.

Let's compare:

Old style stock location (not all items are needed, but to optimize...):

• new UP
  • new DP
  • turbo inlet
  • 3 port EBCS
  • possible a better BPV, or for sure an adjustable one if FMIC

Old style SS rotated:

• new UP
  • new DP
  • EWG
  • 3 port EBCS
  • possibly a DP re-route from EWG

Old style TS rotated (this is the complex one):

• new UP
  • new DP
  • EWG
  • EWG
  • 3 port EBCS
  • double just about impossible re-route for EWG, or mufflers on them

The red part is the real PITA!!!

EFR TS set-up

• new UP
  • new DP
  • TS header

That is it, simple, easy, just need to figure out the intake (but KSTech can help there, I already talked to him) and figure out IC hoses, which you would have to do anyways for a rotated set-up. I suppose you might also need to figure out something for the PVC and head breathers, but that can be incorporated into the intake just like stock if you want.

PCV right?

I really want to see some stuff from these FR TS setups but right now they're having problems with the turbine housings cracking... that's why barely anyone has one. I'd really like to see them work as intended.

PCV right?

I really want to see some stuff from these FR TS setups but right now they're having problems with the turbine housings cracking... that's why barely anyone has one. I'd really like to see them work as intended.

Yes, sorry, PCV. I am researching all sorts of decking materials lately (new house) and PVC keeps coming up.

Turbine housing cracking. Awwww. Casting twinscroll hotsides still remains an art few has mastered.

Are you referring to the delays on the TS casting for the new EFRs?

I thought they were all coming out now? no?

Are you referring to the delays on the TS casting for the new EFRs?

I thought they were all coming out now? no?

Ask sumfoo1, I was just commenting on what he posted about housing cracking.

Archived