LegacyGT.com

EFR twin-scroll build

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be more to the story.

that's what I'm thinking...are we sure the radiator is not getting over pressurized ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

What would cause it to over-pressurize?

Radiator is out and I can't see any problems so I'm going to see if there could be something else causing the leak. Might have it pressure tested.

Bought some DEI Titanium wrap for my header as well.

HG leak ?

I'm just guessing, trying to help figure out what may have happened. Those things don't normally fail.

But also, nothing is perfect.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Nope. It's coming from the bottom. Just orderd the hard line that runs from the thermostat to the oil filter housing. That piece was right up against my manifold so I'm wondering if that may have cracked it. When I pulled that piece off along with the elbow hoses, one of the hoses had a small hole in it. I'm hoping that's the problem and I didn't do it by using force to pull it off. I also heat-wrapped the manifold. I still need to take out the uppipe and wrap it as well.

Coolant crossover tube. They should be replaced when the engine is rebuilt.

I did the hoses on both ends too.

If it weren't summer, you should just build the motor. I've got a donor SB just waiting for somebody to pick it up.... Needs #1 rod/piston, possibly cylinder bore. 15K Metric build, just like Christians other builds. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

And, good news that the radiator is good! I thought it was your head gaskets cause it came and went and came back. I hope it is not.

Archived