LegacyGT.com

funny noise turned out terribly

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how much power but I'm sure it can hanld plunty. It's just the scynro's that may give up.

Everyone say's the 6-speed is much better.

One question a lot of us have, how hard was it to remove the fuel lines at the quick disconnect's. What tool did you use ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There's someone here who had 3rd gear fail in the middle of a pull (with a GT30) and that always made me wonder how long mine was going to last. But it was still working like new when were removed it ("we" being Citka, Easy19, and me).

I launched it exactly once after upgrading my turbo, then decided to stop gambling with it. A couple weeks after switching to 6MT & R180 & Exedy Twin clutch, I went drag racing and launched it hard over and over. And learned to shift without losing boost. Abusive, but fun.

Now I wonder how long my axles will last.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
assembly is coming along slowly, but since it is taking this long, the heads have been ported and polished. Ill get some pics up soon of everything. also i was wondering if anyone knows who makes a anti lag setup for subaru's ive searched around here alot and all that ive really found has been exhaust tip flame throwers lol. But the car should be back on the road and tuned by late next week.

im near the university, my car is at steve rankins shop (one lap of america past winner) 42 Autosports. The plan is to get my old friend Dale from Boxer 4 racing from asheville to come to charlotte next friday and get it tuned up for me. But today i found amr just came out with a cxr550 and its only $50 more than the cxr500 so i may be going with a larger turbo, since its one of the last things to go onto the car.

I live in Matthews (Mecklenburg side) near Independence Blvd.

I haven't gone to 42's shop yet but would like to. I recently went to the Draco Performance open house last Saturday, but didn't talk to too many people. I just ordered around $1300 worth of random stuff from Fred Beans to get me excited.

• 1 month later...
so the shop is on the 3rd go round with trying to tune the car, the best we have made was 370 on 18psi, but the problem we are running into is that the car is going lean when boost starts to really kick in around 4k, pcm will respond to telling the car to dump fuel but the car does not go rich it just stays lean. it has 850cc injectors and a deatchworks 300lph fuel pump, but the computers shows everything at 80-100% dutycycle even though it is no where close. has anyone else who has a 450+whp legacy run into problems with fueling? we have taken apart the fuel pump housing and eleminated a item that looks like baffeling or emmisions bs hoping that this will give proper flow ratings, the regualtor seems to be good. but also wondering if the rails dont flow enough. if anyone has a suggestion that would be great, all of us are banging our heads aginst the wall.

Archived