LegacyGT.com

funny noise turned out terribly

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok so I got the transmission and everything in, and I can not seek to be able to get it to work. I've bleed the slave and master cylinders multiple times. And I cannot get a decent pedal feel and the clutch will not fully engage. I'm wondering if I over torqued the pressure plate bolts. Any one have suggestions?

Ok so I got the transmission and everything in, and I can not seek to be able to get it to work. I've bleed the slave and master cylinders multiple times. And I cannot get a decent pedal feel and the clutch will not fully engage. I'm wondering if I over torqued the pressure plate bolts. Any one have suggestions?

Did your clutch MC completely drain? If so, you'll need to pull it and bench bleed it.

Nope

And there wasn't any rattling from the spring bits? Think it's more a MC thing without having my foot on the pedal. Is the slave cylinder moving fully through its engagement path when you depress the pedal?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

No I made sure that I didn't drain my mc and it's a brand new STi slave cylinder from the dealer. The clutch acted the same way in the car it came out of so we figured it was a slave cylinder, and everything looked fine before it went in. I think I might just have to wait on some money and buy a new clutch, unless some one donates haha

^ what does anti lag have to do with anything?!

But yes when the pedal is pushed the slave extends to the proper length as specified by Subaru. And I bleed a pint of fluid through the master and slave cylinders, never letting either go dry and I used a vacuum pump to do so.

I mentioned the MC because of my experience with mine. I put a WRX SS clutch line, which was too short on mine, it leaked, and bled-out during a long-distance trip. Thought I caught it in time to just fill and go, but that was only marginally successful. Then bled it using vaccuum first on the MC, then on the SC. Still wasn't working correctly and until I pulled it and bench bled it, did it finally start working right. YMMV.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

assembly is coming along slowly, but since it is taking this long, the heads have been ported and polished. Ill get some pics up soon of everything. also i was wondering if anyone knows who makes a anti lag setup for subaru's ive searched around here alot and all that ive really found has been exhaust tip flame throwers lol. But the car should be back on the road and tuned by late next week.

^ what does anti lag have to do with anything?!

But yes when the pedal is pushed the slave extends to the proper length as specified by Subaru. And I bleed a pint of fluid through the master and slave cylinders, never letting either go dry and I used a vacuum pump to do so.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived