LegacyGT.com

05 OBXT light mods

OutbackXT05

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its the ebay cxlightning exhaust for the legacy gt. For the price i like it. Sounds good. Only fitment issue is the tips arent aligned properly. The right side hangs a little lower. There a couple vids on youtube of it on my channel streetracerss. I dont have any sound clips of it with my equal lengh headers tho.

Man, do you still have your TC sound sub in your car? What are the exact rating of this sub and do you recall your enclosure's specs?

FWIW, I just burned my second recone on my MMATS dreadnaut :mad:. I must stop throwing at it 3k RMS when it can only handle 1.5k :rolleyes:.

I sold my TC LMS-R a while ago. Have a Sundown SA-15 now on 1200rms. The 12 was rated at 1000rms i believe. Had it in a 2.5 cubes box tuned to 34HZ. Now my sundown is 600rms (been throwing 1200rms since day one no issues). In a 4cubes box tuned to 34hz.

I sold my TC LMS-R a while ago. Have a Sundown SA-15 now on 1200rms. The 12 was rated at 1000rms i believe. Had it in a 2.5 cubes box tuned to 34HZ. Now my sundown is 600rms (been throwing 1200rms since day one no issues). In a 4cubes box tuned to 34hz.

thanks for the info. How did you like the TC sound? SQL vs. SPL? Could it hit nice and real low? Are you running any aftermarket batteries and/or HO alt?

Can you provide a picture of your new box? 4cu is big for a 600w rms sub. That's interesting. Must have a pretty good Xmax.. Plus it must now take most of your trunk space like mine does.

Mine is 3.5 cu FWIW.

The tc had a shallow box. It got pretty low and it had great sq. The sundowns loves the 4 cube box

Post #121 has a pic of the 4 cube box.

Funny cause I 'thanked' your post #121 a while ago. I guess I forgot. Smart use of your trunk space.

Is the box flush with the back of the seats or is there some empty space left between the box and the seats?

On another note, I have a hard time believing this sundown is a 600W RMS sub. It looks underrated to me.. In any case, I'd be curious to know how it sounds/pounds vs. the TC.

I left space behind the box. Put a chair, jumper cables, tow strap, and a tarp back there. Ya they under rate them. Been throwing 1200 rms since day one and dont even think ive gotten it warm yet. The TC sounded a bit better, but the sundown plays louder. But thats a 15 vs a 12.

Nice. Yeah I got the nice smell of hot glue three weeks ago and I was like "uh oh"...

Next day, the sub sounded fine but not as loud. Checked the impedance and it went from 1ohm to 2ohm :(. One coil down...

I will probably build a new cabinet soon and place it like you did so I can fit the stroller :rolleyes:. And I will also invest in that SMD distortion detector.

TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Yay my transmission blew up today -_-

Got on it merging with traffic. Granny shifted into 2nd and the moment i got on the gas..... BOOM CLANK CLANK CLANK. Made it into the driveway at work the something in the trans logged into the gears and shes stuck.

Got on it merging with traffic. Granny shifted into 2nd and the moment i got on the gas..... BOOM CLANK CLANK CLANK. Made it into the driveway at work the something in the trans logged into the gears and shes stuck.

Time for a 6 speed swap. Best mod I've done

:(.

Well its time for me to move on. Im going to give the outback to my dad and put it back to stockish minus the coils and rims. Ive had way more downs that ups with this car and im tired of it. Gonna get something different to play with. At least with my dad driving it it will last a long time.

LOL, if you upgrade then beat on anything it will break down and have problems... It isn't just a Subaru thing :p

Correct but the subarus been problem after problem from day one. The first month i had it i had a 3000 dollar repair. In the last year its blown 2 motors and the trans and my clutchmasters fx300. And the shortblock messing up is a subaru thing. My buddies sti broke at 42k and the head gasket blew at 44k done by subaru so like mine i built his motor also. Hes on stock turbo.

Lets see I had 160K on mine, turbo looked great, motor had exhaust valve problem.

Put in an AVO380 turbo, rebuilt my engine with new case halves, rebuilt the heads, JE pistons, crower/cobb rods sti crank AVO FMIC

Also put in an STI 6 speed and R180 in the outback.

Sold the 5 speed for 1K, sold the short block for 600

Put down 350/360 on pump gas, 385/425 on E85 with new motor.

Has 52K on the rebuild and running strong.

Im now at 210K

Change the oil, change the coolant, replace timing belt and pullies at 100K,keep things maintained they will last a long time.

Lets see I had 160K on mine, turbo looked great, motor had exhaust valve problem.

Put in an AVO380 turbo, rebuilt my engine with new case halves, rebuilt the heads, JE pistons, crower/cobb rods sti crank AVO FMIC

Also put in an STI 6 speed and R180 in the outback.

Sold the 5 speed for 1K, sold the short block for 600

Put down 350/360 on pump gas, 385/425 on E85 with new motor.

Has 52K on the rebuild and running strong.

Im now at 210K

Change the oil, change the coolant, replace timing belt and pullies at 100K,keep things maintained they will last a long time.

+1.

There's a new member who just joined and was asking some simple maintenance questions on the forum. Like nothing, the guy mentions his LGT has 250k!! Daily commute: 210 miles!

Apparently engine is still all stock, never been open. Turbo finally gave up 3k miles ago. wow.

+1.

There's a new member who just joined and was asking some simple maintenance questions on the forum. Like nothing, the guy mentions his LGT has 250k!! Daily commute: 210 miles!

Apparently engine is still all stock, never been open. Turbo has finally gave up 3k miles ago. wow.

Yea I was stage 2 for most of that time and stage 3 with the turbo at 110K

You just have to do the maintenance and I know for a fact a lot of people don't

Not to mention the fact that you can drive a car hard or you can abuse one and lots of people abuse them.

Archived