LegacyGT.com

05 OBXT light mods

OutbackXT05

Ya well at 75k everything was fresh. Every fluild. Trans, diff, new clutch, flywheel. All the goodies. At 84k 1st motor blew. Rebuilt the heads and put a new shortblock in it. Piston broke again at 90.5k. Bored honed block, cp pistons, KB oil pick up, arp headstuds, acl bearing, timing belt water pump, etc. Then the trans blew up at 96k.

First month I had the car the flywheel broke and the throttlebody and wiring was jacked. Its had its problems and im just tired of it breaking. Also fried my clutchmasters fx300 in 2500 miles.

I keep up woth the maintanance but it isnt treating me too nice.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Got a used transmission and put it in. When they shipped it they put some huge plugs in the axle seals causing them to pour liquid out when I filled the trans up. So I just replaced the seals ($17) and shes all good.

Probably a good idea to replace the seals anyway - different axles in old seals can be annoying.

453747.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about removing the rear badging on my OBXT. My car is a brilliant silver 2005 XT. I've plasti-dipped the badging and the silver bar that goes over the license plate. I think that the car might look cleaner without the "Subaru Outback 2.5XT" emblems, but at the same time, I don't want it to look bare, or awkward. Does anyone have any leads or pictures or even opinions as to how it looks?

EDIT: OutbackXT05, if you are selling your RallyArmour mudflaps, I would like first dibs.

I've been thinking about removing the rear badging on my OBXT. My car is a brilliant silver 2005 XT. I've plasti-dipped the badging and the silver bar that goes over the license plate. I think that the car might look cleaner without the "Subaru Outback 2.5XT" emblems, but at the same time, I don't want it to look bare, or awkward. Does anyone have any leads or pictures or even opinions as to how it looks?

EDIT: OutbackXT05, if you are selling your RallyArmour mudflaps, I would like first dibs.

If you're taking off the badging, I want it.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/made-back-213907.html

Towards the bottom theres a rear shot debadged. I think it looks cleaner and a lot of people around here have no clue what it is. I like that.

just read this whole thread and sorry to hear that you're parting out the car. I can tell you that as for the clutchmasters, that clutch is shite. I had one of those on my integra for about 6 months. it rusted over and seized on the flywheel. never went tback to that brand again.

I also wanted to find out, what year legacy did you spec out for your car to use for the coilovers? I also have an 05 OBXT and would like to get some coilovers to drop the car some. thanks for your excellent thread as it gave me plenty of information as to what to look for on my car in the future.

just read this whole thread and sorry to hear that you're parting out the car. I can tell you that as for the clutchmasters, that clutch is shite. I had one of those on my integra for about 6 months. it rusted over and seized on the flywheel. never went tback to that brand again.

I also wanted to find out, what year legacy did you spec out for your car to use for the coilovers? I also have an 05 OBXT and would like to get some coilovers to drop the car some. thanks for your excellent thread as it gave me plenty of information as to what to look for on my car in the future.

Same as the other thread, any 05-09 Legacy coilovers will fit. Megan and BC Racing also sell OB - specific ones with the longer damper bodies as well.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

• 3 years later...

Archived