LegacyGT.com

easiest way to 500 whp

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to set a goal and work towards it.

Here were mine before I decided to jump ship to Caddie...

intake/up pipe/down pipe/ cat back/TMIC/Cobb AP(ALREADY installed)

Was going to add the following looking for a reliable 300+whp

VF52(09+ WRX turbo)/injectors/pump/tune/IC sprayer for the TMIC.

To get much more HP out reliably and have the trans hold up to any spirited driving... You will need to get getter gears and or a 6speed trans.

THen the engine would need to be built for a larger turbo and a FMIC.

What you are trying to do is NOT impossible. Just will take a lot of money to be done right and be reliable enough to be a DD car. Most 500whp 4 cyl cars do not qualify as Daily drivable(lumpy cams/stiff clutches/straight cut gears)

My big question to you it WHY do you want/need 500HP out of a mid level sports sedan? balance would be a better idea, get it handlng perfectly and braking like a race car... Then add enough HP to have fun in.

well this turned out to be worthless thanks for no help, i dont want a new car, i know i have to build engine and a full transmission/drivetrain swap the question i posed was how? i think out of all the retarded reponses 2 were helpful and i appreciate it.

you aren't getting help because your question is stupid, and you've haven't really thought through your goals. you're talking about knowing that you have to build your engine and swap your trans out. are you building it yourself? what trans are you trying to swap in? do you want us to go step-by-step through the entire process of tearing down a longblock, sleeving, putting back together, retiming, etc...? :confused:

will the stock engine and trany be ok if i upgraded turbo and intercooler first?

what kind of turbo? what kind of intercooler? if you aren't getting a tune, then NO, your stock engine will not be ok.

injectors and a monsterous fuel pump what are the other support mods im looking at? please stay away from idiotic responses.

maybe some brakes? going fast isn't fun if you can't stop, and for some reason i get the feeling you'd be one to just skip this part altogether.

you aren't getting help because your question is stupid, and you've haven't really thought through your goals. you're talking about knowing that you have to build your engine and swap your trans out. are you building it yourself? what trans are you trying to swap in? do you want us to go step-by-step through the entire process of tearing down a longblock, sleeving, putting back together, retiming, etc...? :confused:

what kind of turbo? what kind of intercooler? if you aren't getting a tune, then NO, your stock engine will not be ok.

maybe some brakes? going fast isn't fun if you can't stop, and for some reason i get the feeling you'd be one to just skip this part altogether.

Stop being helpful

i know i have to build engine and a full transmission/drivetrain swap the question i posed was how? i think out of all the retarded reponses 2 were helpful and i appreciate it. will the stock engine and trany be ok if i upgraded turbo and intercooler first? besides injectors and a monsterous fuel pump what are the other support mods im looking at? please stay away from idiotic responses.

Wow, you're an idiot.

You need to set a goal and work towards it.

Here were mine before I decided to jump ship to Caddie...

intake/up pipe/down pipe/ cat back/TMIC/Cobb AP(ALREADY installed)

Was going to add the following looking for a reliable 300+whp

VF52(09+ WRX turbo)/injectors/pump/tune/IC sprayer for the TMIC.

To get much more HP out reliably and have the trans hold up to any spirited driving... You will need to get getter gears and or a 6speed trans.

THen the engine would need to be built for a larger turbo and a FMIC.

What you are trying to do is NOT impossible. Just will take a lot of money to be done right and be reliable enough to be a DD car. Most 500whp 4 cyl cars do not qualify as Daily drivable(lumpy cams/stiff clutches/straight cut gears)

My big question to you it WHY do you want/need 500HP out of a mid level sports sedan? balance would be a better idea, get it handlng perfectly and braking like a race car... Then add enough HP to have fun in.

for now its a DD but once i start doing these kinds of upgrades it wont be and it will be my toy car, im already working on suspension and braking right now, going to to coilovers and possibly a chasis brace (not sure if its worth it) next summer. Its going to take alot of money i know but at the same time if its slow progress it wont break the bank

maybe do some searching in turbo powertrains to start off with, as this info has been covered there many times.

Then be prepared to spend a small fortune on a silly goal that will be extremely frustrating and painful to achieve.

If you are serious, I wouldn't bother doing anything to the car.

Get some space and start with completely separate engine/transmission/drivetrain/brakes/hubs, etc... No point in upgrading the current car if some of the parts end up needing to be modified/replaced/hacked to get to work down the road.

hipster, youre a fag

Dude, grow the heck up. Why should anyone of else help you? You're throwing around words like "gay," "fag," "retarded," so why should any of us care to help you out with your build?

You asked a question, you got an answer. If you're not happy, then GET OUT OF THE FORUMS. These cars were not built to safely and reliably handle 500WHP. If you really want to do it keep digging until you find your answer. There is plenty of info on here about people who have built some serious power from their LGTs. I saw a 500WHP LGT built by the Subaru performance shop by me in NY. If you search, you'll find your answer. It can be done, but it takes a lot. Do not expect any of us to be nice or respect you when you come on here insulting us and throwing around derogatory language.

I honestly vote to ban this guy.

stock drive line is fine provided you don't do too much clutch dumping and gental shifts.

but i'm sure a set of cams. weisco pistons and eagal rods, set of arp head bolts 850 cc injectors and a large turbo like 35r or a holset like mine would get you there.

my 2.5 motor already has the bottom end for that. just missing the cams and arp bolt kit. but the lag is annoying in a 5eat would be fine in a manual car tho.

cams http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/internals-camshafts-c-4206_4504_5094.html aboot 800$

you will prob need 16 mechanical lifters that are the correct shim height about 50$ each.

pistons weiscos from ebay or a few other places 450$

eagel rods aboot 400$ from ebay or few other places

arp head bolt set summit or jegs or ebay or coupple other tuner sites 350$

holset turbo 200$ or steal one from any diesel dodge truck i'm sure there is one with in a 1/4 mile of you

fmic ebay 70$

fmic piping kit 70$ ebay

350$ for the 850 cc injectos

100$ for warbro 255 fuel pump

300$ for meth kit

so about 3690$ of stuff for you to get right now to start. if you want i can prepare all the part numbers and vendors. but if you ask me to do that and then you don't build your car with in a year your a putz :p

so order the stuff yet ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

stock drive line is fine provided you don't do too much clutch dumping and gental shifts.

but i'm sure a set of cams. weisco pistons and eagal rods, set of arp head bolts 850 cc injectors and a large turbo like 35r or a holset like mine would get you there.

my 2.5 motor already has the bottom end for that. just missing the cams and arp bolt kit. but the lag is annoying in a 5eat would be fine in a manual car tho.

cams http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/internals-camshafts-c-4206_4504_5094.html aboot 800$

you will prob need 16 mechanical lifters that are the correct shim height about 50$ each.

pistons weiscos from ebay or a few other places 450$

eagel rods aboot 400$ from ebay or few other places

arp head bolt set summit or jegs or ebay or coupple other tuner sites 350$

holset turbo 200$ or steal one from any diesel dodge truck i'm sure there is one with in a 1/4 mile of you

fmic ebay 70$

fmic piping kit 70$ ebay

350$ for the 850 cc injectos

100$ for warbro 255 fuel pump

300$ for meth kit

so about 3690$ of stuff for you to get right now to start. if you want i can prepare all the part numbers and vendors. but if you ask me to do that and then you don't build your car with in a year your a putz :p

so order the stuff yet ?

Still waiting for that smokey burn-out launch vid. :)

i did do a 4wd burn out pulling a fork lift out of the mud last week !

but keep on topic !

is there a forum chat room that this sort of off topic banter could be limited to ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived