LegacyGT.com

easiest way to 500 whp

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say you start with Stage 3+ and 375whp before you ask about 500+. Obviously you forgot to put on your flame suit before asking the question, but lets get real... Your asking about over double the stock crank HP.

If you REALLY need/want to know, get on NASIOC and do some research. It is possible, but your gonna be $$$$ into the car, and I'm not talking chump change or $20,000... I'm talking $50k plus. And then your not gonna have a daily driver.

375whp in the LGT feels like a LOT more than you think.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Dude, grow the heck up. Why should anyone of else help you? You're throwing around words like "gay," "fag," "retarded," so why should any of us care to help you out with your build?

You asked a question, you got an answer. If you're not happy, then GET OUT OF THE FORUMS. These cars were not built to safely and reliably handle 500WHP. If you really want to do it keep digging until you find your answer. There is plenty of info on here about people who have built some serious power from their LGTs. I saw a 500WHP LGT built by the Subaru performance shop by me in NY. If you search, you'll find your answer. It can be done, but it takes a lot. Do not expect any of us to be nice or respect you when you come on here insulting us and throwing around derogatory language.

I honestly vote to ban this guy.

i asked an honest question with replys that were outlandish. i didnt start with the insults, BRO, if you read his post. I dont have tolerance for ignorant people. like i said, i posed an honest question that got ridiculous replys so im getting no help in the first place (other than the few decent human beings on this forum) and you taking his side (read his first reply) you arent helping the situation either, but thank you i will search more. Also my first few posts should allude to the fact i know these cars cant safely handle 500 whp without a ton of work, which is why i posted to see what i need to swap so i dont blow up

stock drive line is fine provided you don't do too much clutch dumping and gental shifts.

but i'm sure a set of cams. weisco pistons and eagal rods, set of arp head bolts 850 cc injectors and a large turbo like 35r or a holset like mine would get you there.

my 2.5 motor already has the bottom end for that. just missing the cams and arp bolt kit. but the lag is annoying in a 5eat would be fine in a manual car tho.

cams http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/internals-camshafts-c-4206_4504_5094.html aboot 800$

you will prob need 16 mechanical lifters that are the correct shim height about 50$ each.

pistons weiscos from ebay or a few other places 450$

eagel rods aboot 400$ from ebay or few other places

arp head bolt set summit or jegs or ebay or coupple other tuner sites 350$

holset turbo 200$ or steal one from any diesel dodge truck i'm sure there is one with in a 1/4 mile of you

fmic ebay 70$

fmic piping kit 70$ ebay

350$ for the 850 cc injectos

100$ for warbro 255 fuel pump

300$ for meth kit

so about 3690$ of stuff for you to get right now to start. if you want i can prepare all the part numbers and vendors. but if you ask me to do that and then you don't build your car with in a year your a putz :p

so order the stuff yet ?

thanks frank, no parts ordered yet, but money is getting put aside as we speak, its going to be a slow build, not over night since its going to cost buku bucks, but thats why im asking now so i can start ordering small things now, and get to the bigger ones when they are essential

Just for "shits & giggles" - here are JUST the engine modifications for just two people that claim to have 500+whp over on NASIOC:

ENGINE:

New Subaru EJ25 STI Engine Block

Cosworth CNC machined port-bored Big Valve Cylinder heads sealed with 11 mm studs

Cosworth 81 mm Billet Crankshaft

Cosworth Forged Pistons and Rings

Cosworth motorsport Tri-metal bearings

Element Tuning Competition H Beam Connecting Rods

Enlarged Intake and Exhaust ports

Large diameter stainless steel intake valves

Large diameter Incolel exhaust valves

Hi Rev Dual valve springs

Titanium Retainers

Hardened Steel spring platforms

Multi angle valve job

CNC Machined port finish

Knife edge port divider

Cosworth S2 High lift camshafts - KK3766

Cosworth High Volume Intake Manifold Rotated

Valve lash set

Cosworth high pressure oil pump

Cam covers

2007 STI with single AVCS drive by wire application

Element Tuning Hydra 2.6 ECU

Element Hydra EMS Accessory Harness

AutoTune WB Air Fuel Sensor for ELT-EMS

Element Tuning GT75 turbo 35/40R with A Frame turbo support bracket

Element Tuning Competition Catch Can System

GT-Spec Custom Header & Rotated uppipe with Vbands

Custom Fabricated Turbo Heatshield

Custom Massive Precision FMIC

Process West Oil Cooler Kit

ATI Super Damper

Power Enterprises Timing Belt

Unorthodox Racing Power Steering Pulley

Unorthodox Racing Alternator Pulley

Gates Alternator Belt

Custom Rotated Intake Pulley Bracket

Perrin Big MAF Intake

Custom Intake with 4 inch Cone K&N Filter

NGK Iridium Gapped Spark Plugs

Optima Battery

Tial 44 mm Wastegate

Tial Blow Off Valve

Cobb Radiator Shroud

Visteon Radiator with dual shrouded fans

Sti 1.5 BAR Radiator Cap

Perrin STI blue radiator hose kit

Vibrant Silicone Sleeves & Couplings

Goodrich Aramid braided hoses & fittings

ORIGINAL THREAD

Engine

EFI Logics Built EJ25 Block - 93 octane + meth injection

510whp/473wtq

- COBB Accessport V2

- Aquamist HFS6

- Spec C Tank w/Meth

- EFI Logics Special Pistons

- EFI Logics Custom Fuel System w/-8 AN Fittings and Lines

- Cosworth S2 Grind Camshafts 278/274 - properly sized valve buckets for optimal clearance

- Supertech +0.5 Intake and Exhaust Valves - mild head port on exhaust side only

- Supertech Titanium Retainer Seats

- Supertech Valve Springs

- Supertech Spring Seats

- ARP Head Studs

- Ultimate Racing GT35R Turbo

- Ultimate Racing Downpipe

- Ultimate Racing 3 Bolt Uppipe

- Ultimate Racing Catback Exhaust

- Ultimate Racing Reverse Flow Ver1 FMIC

- Custom 83mm MAF Housing

- Full Blown Dual Walbro Pump Setup w/Custom Lines

- Blitz SBC ID3 Boost Controller

- TIAL 44mm EWG (Custom Dump Tube)

- TIAL BOV

- Thermo Turbo Blanket

- Aeromotive Fuel Rails

- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator with Liquid-Filled CHM Gauge

- GT Spec Gen 2 Unequal Length Header

- KOYO Aluminum Radiator

- Moroso Oil Pan and Braided Dipstick Tube

- Grimmspeed Thermostat

- JDM TGV deletes

- Deatschwerks 950cc Side Feed Injectors

- Crawford Performance A/O Seperator

- AR Fab Harmonic Balancer

- ARC Radiator Cap

- Braille Lightweight Battery w/EFI Logics Bracket

- Perrin Radiator Hoses

- Coolant Reservoir Delete

- Gates Timing Belt

- Kartboy Exhaust Hangers

- KillerB Windshield Washer Tank

ORIGINAL THREAD

Just to give the OP an idea of what he's looking at for engine modifications to a Subaru motor.

n00b :rolleyes:

mine redlines at 5 million.

5 million millirpm?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Here they are call OTM.. And get used to it. They are going nowhere and in this case have a point.... It sjust a better and more clever way of saying SEARCH NOOB.

So they have a little wit and the time to make you look stupid. Why get offended? The internet, contrary to popular belief, is NOT serious bidness!!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1453/internet24591vm9.jpg

i asked an honest question with replys that were outlandish. I didnt start with the insults, bro, if you read his post. I dont have tolerance for ignorant people. Like i said, i posed an honest question that got ridiculous replys so im getting no help in the first place (other than the few decent human beings on this forum) and you taking his side (read his first reply) you arent helping the situation either, but thank you i will search more. Also my first few posts should allude to the fact i know these cars cant safely handle 500 whp without a ton of work, which is why i posted to see what i need to swap so i dont blow up

im sorry if you felt my observation of your inadequacies was an insult, but sometimes the simple, blunt truth is a painful thing to deal with

Archived