LegacyGT.com

Transgo Kit Guinea Pig!!!

OGHK87Jay

IIRC From what Ive found there have been 1 person with 07+, but Transgo didnt do it, they recommended him to another shop.

And I think there was someone with a 05/06 that also did it.

But there is no production kit available yet from Transgo

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
It seems to me that since LieutenantColumbo was able to get a transgo build on his 05 or 06 that it just takes a good transmission shop calling them to do the install. They must have everything done if they installed it on his car.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump....

Has anybody else contacted Transgo about this kit? Any updates? I am very tempted to buy the 350Z kit and get a friend/auto tech call and get the information about what needs to change. I have been looking at some of the 350Z threads and it seems very time consuming. I have read that as long as the directions are followed the kit is straight forward. I really want to get this mod done before going Stage 2 and before I go autocrossing next season....

Is the transgo kit just another version of IPT VB kit.

Or is there more to it?

Thats what I would think. IPT went public with their VB Mod and no one else offers a VB mod (unless you bring it to a trans shop) thats why they can charge a high price. Plus they also took a chance w/ our community, and research and development for them...

Thats what I would think. IPT went public with their VB Mod and no one else offers a VB mod (unless you bring it to a trans shop) thats why they can charge a high price. Plus they also took a chance w/ our community, and research and development for them...

The issue I have I don't think either mod will fix (I'm currently on IPT). when I hit the shift paddle, it takes upwards of 1 second before the shift disengages and goes down. The shift feels firm and fast, but that delay sucks.

I probably need to wait for utc_pyro to finish decoding the TCU so we can flash more sporty settings...

The issue I have I don't think either mod will fix (I'm currently on IPT). when I hit the shift paddle, it takes upwards of 1 second before the shift disengages and goes down. The shift feels firm and fast, but that delay sucks.

I probably need to wait for utc_pyro to finish decoding the TCU so we can flash more sporty settings...

Thats how our stock TCU works, and VB will not fix that. It will help it some extent but wont shift like a sports car. Ive hear it does shift a bit faster on the 1st version of our TCUs(05-06) w/ mod, well it upshifts faster in general. It is very possible the the flash we are working on will fix the problem. It has been done on other manufactures just not on subies 5eat yet

That is a programatic issue, not a mechanical issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Per Transgo: Coming 3rd week of Jan.

EDIT: found out from them on phone. Curious how this compares to IPT's valve body mod

This is the beginning of the 3rd week in January, has anybody heard anything from Transgo? I have been checking their website to see if they made any changes to their offerings and nothing yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Curious to see if the 5EAT has lock up solenoids -

If so, is the tranny strong enough to sustain a locked shift (this creating less heat and band wear) and not grenade the internals due to the shift-shock?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Archived