LegacyGT.com

Transgo Kit Guinea Pig!!!

OGHK87Jay

I don't know. But remember in manual mode shifting 1>2, it is at higher line pressure than normal + added pressure for cold temp compensation. So it's going to intentionally slam. The hypothetical slip prior to the slam may not be a slip but instead may be the fact that every RE5R05A variant has an irritating push button shift delay. I bet I can cure that with a stand-alone TCU, which no one wants but everyone should want.

I want it.

depends on cost though

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$1000, so about double or tripple the cost of the upcoming VB options. But in addition to proper shifts, you get customizable gear selection per TPS and MPH, and a bunch of other really cool tech features. Basically I need to install it and then see if I can't brag about it enough to woo some other folks into it. Is the way of the world. Might take a while though.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

$1000, so about double or tripple the cost of the upcoming VB options. But in addition to proper shifts, you get customizable gear selection per TPS and MPH, and a bunch of other really cool tech features. Basically I need to install it and then see if I can't brag about it enough to woo some other folks into it. Is the way of the world. Might take a while though.

Just post a video on youtube when you get it ironed out, then cha-ching.

I wouldn't make any significant money off of the stand-alone TCU. All I would have is a base map to flash to it, the product of anticipated research and trial.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Mega Users
It also just doesn't make sense for how my car will be set up. Until I am willing to run a large turbo on e-85, I can't justify so much for just a TCU. It is a great option that will make sense on some cars. Like those who spent 4k plus on a built transmission, adding a grand to control it properly makes sense.

It's not just about holding power. There is something to be said for the pleasure of the driving experience, which for some requires the engine and transmission to each behave a certain way, largely independent of top end power.

It's not just about holding power. There is something to be said for the pleasure of the driving experience, which for some requires the engine and transmission to each behave a certain way, largely independent of top end power.

No doubt. If the installation is easy (i.e. not a lot of wire cutting/splicing), I would probably be in, even for $1k. If it's lots of work on my end, it's hard because my car's a daily driver..

It's on par with a stereo install, but just the wiring part. All the wires are already there. You just cut come and splice into others. Then stick it next to the stock TCU. They'll be buddies above the pedal area. Well it's off in the future, but looks promising more I look into it.

It's on par with a stereo install, but just the wiring part. All the wires are already there. You just cut come and splice into others. Then stick it next to the stock TCU. They'll be buddies above the pedal area. Well it's off in the future, but looks promising more I look into it.

sounds easy enough. I'll be paying attention here.

• 1 month later...

Archived