LegacyGT.com

MD/DC/NOVA Winter 2011 Mega meet GI thread!!!

LegacyGTBiggie

Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?

• 1) Go kart
    • 2) Lunch - cruise - shop
    • 3) Long drive/ cruise meet
    • 4) Other

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Word to the wise...even though it may be cold in Jan...which I don't mind because I used to be stationed in AK for 3 years and we would wear shorts and t-shirts when it hit 30 degrees....you may have better luck for a meet in early spring with MUCH better turnout and as far as this constant bickering goes...I will cancel if it goes on any more...come on Josh...we are supposed to be adults here....not Sentra owners...LOL....get with the program dude...just my 1.09999999 cents...LOL...

Mark

Dude your advice tax was hit by the recession as well?

LOL

No sentras this time. Dont care if its 3 LGTs... NO SENTRAS!!!!

Happy Harry?

:wub:

Dude your advice tax was hit by the recession as well?

LOL

No sentras this time. Dont care if its 3 LGTs... NO SENTRAS!!!!

Happy Harry?

:wub:

Don't look at me! :lol: This is your meet that you are trying to sell. Poll some ideas from people. Hear what people have to say, then take a common suggestion and then propose and go with it. You can't please everyone, but that doesn't mean everyone won't come.

Second of all, may want to work on that A-hole behavior as well. That's 9th grade material. :lol: Otherwise, expect to be treated like one.

Finally, trashing Subaru cars in an atmosphere where people love their Subaru cars is not going to make an atmosphere people will want to bother with. Consider the fact that we already know what needs to be done with our cars. But not everyone likes going in a straight line. Some people want to enjoy the car for what it was bred for. ;)

I already know what your response is going to be, so might as well shove some more McDonald's meals in your mouth. But I figure I try to post a suggestion. :eek:

Bringing models is a waste. It tends to bring out the douche bags anyways. Sure they are nice to look at, but that gets old in about 10 seconds. If we're going to bring women I'd rather see classy women who are actually interested in the cars and can hold a conversation.

Yougottabekiddingme.

Trashy women spread over my car in the cold is welcomed and encouraged, sophisticated women spread out over my car is even more welcomed and encouraged. Typically any attractive female with a car creates good conversation. I don't go to meets to pick up on women so I guess you and will never agree on this.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Dont have any new ones! Wish I did. No good meets/shows anymore in MD... And I missed hyperfest again this year... :(

I miss the good old days with 1-2 local nopi events and everything else. Now its so dead. I mean CPT is nice but they dont have the model power Nopi did... Well actually they had almost NONE!

not set yet. Not enough interest to really go talk to IAG. thinking Ill be calling them this week to set a date. My guess right now is asking them to open on a sunday for the show... Thinking January 16th.

Traditionally is somewhere in the first half of january. I know its cold but I think itll be ok. Bring a warm coat im asking that IAG supply coffee and hot chocolate. Should be good.

Going to be opening it to Nasioc probably as well.

thinking Ill be calling them this week to set a date. My guess right now is asking them to open on a sunday for the show... Thinking January 16th.

Traditionally is somewhere in the first half of january. I know its cold but I think itll be ok. Bring a warm coat im asking that IAG supply coffee and hot chocolate. Should be good.

Going to be opening it to Nasioc probably as well.

:lol::lol: you ARE a dreamer.Must be fun to live in your world.:spin:

So what is going on with this?

Are we going karting or what?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

everyone seemed to vote Karting out. It was to me the best Idea but finacially limiting who could attend and enjoy themselves.

I reall y have no problem organizing either. but if so many people want one or the other or cant stand the cold.... Doesnt seem that worth it. I mean interest for the entire meet is only at 15. If I could get a "we are attending" from 15 Legacys. I would start this now and just pick a date and go with it.

Right now... the tenative plans are... January 16th(sunday) at IAG. But nothing is set in stone yet.

There are 15. Of the 15, probably 5 are definite, the rest are tentative or not going realistically speaking.

Karting would have been fun, and it is indoors. But that price tag, I have to agree. WAY too much for just two hours.

I'd like to suggest just making this a regular meet?

Why not get IAG on board, and invite the newly discovered(by YOU) cool Nasioc group? I think a 20-30 car meet at IAG woul dbe ok. Yes itll be cold. But as proven in previous years, you can still have a godo time.

I would have to talk with IAG about this but I am sure they would run a dsicount on dyno baselines as well as maybe be able to haev some parts and waht not availabale for purchase.

But once again if its only 5-7 LGTs... its not a mega meet and would be hard to justify asking IAG to open on a sunday and host the event. Now 5-7 LGTs as well as 15-20 STIs/WRXs might fill the bill as well. Also I am not active on any but I want to see some high HP forresters. Still the best sleeper IMO

Archived