LegacyGT.com

MD/DC/NOVA Winter 2011 Mega meet GI thread!!!

LegacyGTBiggie

Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?

• 1) Go kart
    • 2) Lunch - cruise - shop
    • 3) Long drive/ cruise meet
    • 4) Other

Official Attending list:

1)LegacyGTBiggie aka Joshua the Fat Man

2)WeatherWarriorMedia (tentative....Prob. not go-garts or long drive though)

3)HarryN (tentative)

4)

5)

6)

Well, I can respect your wishes, Josh. I'll see what Legacy owners I can find there and invite em over.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...but a Legacy owner by heart:

Official Attending list:

3)HarryN (tentative)

4)CRAZY KEN (Vixens, WV or Hustler's Club, B'more or M.P. in the Tr-State Area)

5)

6)

my .02 cents,

CK

I say cruise to IAG

Official Attending list:

3)HarryN (tentative)

5)Tsunami (Depends on day)

6)

back roads and 10-20 car caravans DO NOT work well together. Lights and intersections are a nightmare when it comes to that. Believe me I haev tried it on more than one occasion!

Not when the route is pre planned.

10:00am - depart Rockville

11:30am - arrive Sugar Loaf

12:00pm - Depart Sugar Loaf

12:30pm - Cross White's Ferry

02:30pm - Arrive Harper's Ferry & Eat Lunch

04:30pm - Depart Harper's Ferry

05:00pm - Arrive Haines Point (Sunset Photo Session)

after this it's a loose ended whatever...dinner, party, etc.

Route is 142 total miles (so add that to your 'get to' miles)

Is designed that if we start falling behind we can skip Harper's and eat in Leesburg, VA.

Is optimized for back roads. There will be 'stop points' to allow for any lagers to catch up

Should be pretty...even in winter.

Has GF/Wife approved locations

Has minimal traffic lights at critical turns.

If we do something like this...I can provide laminated maps, and I'm sure folks can also input it into their GPS units.

It's cheesy, but for those that do...can bring FRS for coordination. TXT message will be good too. I would volunteer and 'route captain' to keep everyone organized and on track.

Map:

1444530786_LGTmegameetmapcopy.jpg.a3c8f2576a278c5f6ab750fb72f7d692.jpg

MD is starting to target people with loud exhausts as well. A friend I was with in Bethesda had to keep his WRX at low RPMs to avoid MoCo Cops from pulling him over. He's already been cited twice.

VA is perfectly fine. If you respect the road laws, then you're fine. If you plan on going 80+, yeah you will be cited for reckless driving, but you'd get a ticket in Maryland as well. But why would you go 80+ in a caravan trip anyways?

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii367/wrxSIN/LOL%20Gifs/th_avatar10792_51.gif

^^that pic is somehow very NASTY.

Yeah...the drive I outlined is more for fun turns and such...not straightline speeds. Done from memory mostly from when I had my 1965 Triumph Spitfire tagged and running (slow as hell....but 200% more fun to drive than anything with a blue logo with stars on it)! Gotta love a 1.1L motor, but on a 1800+/- pound car.

It is just one proposal and idea...nothing that couldn't be changed, modified, scrapped, etc. Just throwing it out there to aid in folks decisions.

A few guys have mentioned this event to us (Greg, Louie, etc.). We will be happy to host if you guys choose our location to have your event. LegacyGTBiggie (or whoever ultimately will be in charge of this event), please feel free to contact me by email rick@iagperformance.com or give me a call. If you choose to make this a "dyno day" type event, we will be happy to work with you on doing so as well.

Regards,

Rick

IAG Performance

A few guys have mentioned this event to us (Greg, Louie, etc.). We will be happy to host if you guys choose our location to have your event. LegacyGTBiggie (or whoever ultimately will be in charge of this event), please feel free to contact me by email rick@iagperformance.com or give me a call. If you choose to make this a "dyno day" type event, we will be happy to work with you on doing so as well.

Regards,

Rick

IAG Performance

Thank you for the offer. Let me find out what type of meet we are going to hold. Right now it either the karting or your shop. And I should have a better idea shortly. ALso I need to make sure hte numbers are up there for me to organize this. Id like to get 20+ cars involved. And that might mean opening it up to sentras/STIs/WRXs/CTS-Vs as I am involved with their communityies as well. My overall expecation is that is remain a Legacy based meet.

Once again thank you and I shoul dbe in touch in the next week or so.

On that note!!!

PLease lets see more interest in this meet!

I know we have MANY MANY MANY Legacy owners in the DC/Bmore metro area and even more going up into NJ and what not. Lets get people involved and incorperated into the meet. I would like to see 20-30+ Legacys down for this meet to go through planning it all out.

Official Attending list:

3)HarryN (tentative)

5)Tsunami (Depends on day)

6)

MAKE THIS LIST GROW. Ask your LGT frends. Help me market it on the forum to members who migh tnot see this thread otherwise. I know with MoCo/Frederick and other local areas we can get 20 Legacys out.

Archived