LegacyGT.com

MD/DC/NOVA Winter 2011 Mega meet GI thread!!!

LegacyGTBiggie

Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?

• 1) Go kart
    • 2) Lunch - cruise - shop
    • 3) Long drive/ cruise meet
    • 4) Other

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait you LIKE detslider? cause he has far from a good reputation over here.

Says the guy who just a few pages earlier admits to being an asshole. :icon_roll

Also I promise to not offend as many people in person as I seem to have locally on the forums...

Ill be on my best asshole behavior. Scouts honor!

I dont know him. I know when I joined he had a bad name for himself locally. I only met him one and have had NO real issue with him. But once again I am only going on what ive heard.

I haven't signed into LGT.com in probably a year but I'm glad the short time I had a LGT I made enough of an impact for you to remember me.

Now I feel special.

Here is what I don't get; if you have no real issue with me why the need to start talking trash?

I couldn't remember when I joined so I glanced at my profile and took a look at yours as well. Funny thing; you joined before me. And considering I moved to VA and bought my first Subaru (the LGT) seven months after you joined it would have been pretty hard for me to develop the poor reputation you remember.

I remember meeting you too though. Do you remember why we met? Let me refresh your memory.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ft-part-out-491whp-2007-lgt-black-17k-moved-91839.html

I was going all the way from NoVA to Conneticut to get some parts off a guy who was parting out his LGT. You wanted the JDM window Rain Visors off the same car but they were already cracked and likely to become even further damaged if shipped. I offered to pick them up for you and bring them back.

I detoured to meet you in Gathersburg to get a personal check from you to hand off to the guy in exchange for the visors. We met, talked about cars, exchanged numbers and agreed we would meet later and should hang out sometime. :eek:

In the end the visors totally broke in the process of removing them, I called you from CT and you decided you were no longer interested. I returned the check to you and all was good.

I thought all was cool between us. Guess you thought I was a real asshat eh?

Bridges are burned alot faster than they are built. See how quickly you destroyed this one.

See how quicly this thread turned south because you decide to take it OT with bullshit.

You have something else to say come talk to me in person.

I can be found 5 days a week (sometimes more) at Summit Point.

In the mean time I'll wander back over to NASIOC where I'm glad you have no interest in going. We're better off without you.

It is. I mentioned that I have no real issue with you. But when I first joined this group you did not have the best reputation.

And you did handle the one dealing we had with the proper actions. And I thank you. Its why I wouldnt say I have had anything bad go on with you.

Everyplace is better off without me, I am a Asshole after all.

OK!!!

Given the poll and the limitations on people with an event that would cost so much outof pocket. I have decided IF we do this I will ask IAG to host the event.

However, IF there isnt a significant increase in interest for this meet, i cannot see trying to get them to open their doors for 5-10 LGTs.

PLEASE TRY AND PM, POST THIS THREAD TO OTHER LGT MEMBERS and GET THEM IN ON COMING!!!

It is. I mentioned that I have no real issue with you. But when I first joined this group you did not have the best reputation.

And you did handle the one dealing we had with the proper actions. And I thank you. Its why I wouldnt say I have had anything bad go on with you.

Everyplace is better off without me, I am a Asshole after all.

Oh for phucks sake. Your an asshole and a broken record.

OK!!!

Given the poll and the limitations on people with an event that would cost so much outof pocket. I have decided IF we do this I will ask IAG to host the event.

However, IF there isnt a significant increase in interest for this meet, i cannot see trying to get them to open their doors for 5-10 LGTs.

PLEASE TRY AND PM, POST THIS THREAD TO OTHER LGT MEMBERS and GET THEM IN ON COMING!!!

I will try. Life has me busy a lot of the time as of late especially on weekends. If I am free I think ill make it up there. Chacnes are between husband/wife time and maybe repainting and installing the new lip and grill and eyelids I wont have the time but if not I will.

I really would like to see more LGT interest. I know if we posted this on Nasioc we could got 20+ WRXs and 20+ STIs but thats not the point I am going for with this meet. Its to help the local LGT community directly with both more of a community feel as well as extra awarness from local tuners as to the LGTs strength in this area and how benificial it woul dbe for them to cater to us as a group.

Personally...I am now wondering if it is a lost cause. Only a few folks have voiced an interest, and many of those are on Nasioc as well.

I voted #4, but if I could I would delete that. I was actually hoping for a large meet that did something different.

Josh...overall I am wondering if the fact that you may, in part, be the reason many folks don't want to participate. I don't really care myself. Sure we had some back and fourth ourselves...be we moved on. But unfortunately, as of late, you have been the center of attention for various postings the go negative. Perhaps the pressure of you wanting a CTS-V is playing a roll in this...IDK.

I think in general, things are also just not cohesive in the Legacy world. We are now into the second year of a very unsupported GT Legacy with the new generation and with the lot of existing modded cars already starting to disappear, the days of mega meets just might be over. I think this is why some Legacy owners have returned to the WRX/STi scene.

No need to blame josh for having low interest in the meet. Just look at past attempts at a mega meet. There hasn't been a whole lot of Legacy's coming out even when the GT was supported in the current generation. It always ends up being a mixed meet.

I say we go to IAG but have special parking set aside in the front for the Legacy's. So we don't get burried in the crowd of wrx/sti. That way we get some recognition as a group. I don't see the problem of inviting some people from nasioc. Like Harry said, its getting better over there.

No need to blame josh for having low interest in the meet. Just look at past attempts at a mega meet. There hasn't been a whole lot of Legacy's coming out even when the GT was supported in the current generation. It always ends up being a mixed meet.

I say we go to IAG but have special parking set aside in the front for the Legacy's. So we don't get burried in the crowd of wrx/sti. That way we get some recognition as a group. I don't see the problem of inviting some people from nasioc. Like Harry said, its getting better over there.

Dave, it -IS- Josh. He's turned off quite a few people about the meets, especially when it comes to him or his friends he brings along that enjoy trashing Subaru then augmented by the fact he wants to dump his Legacy fast so he can leave the world and get something more suited for his taste. Which is fine and more power to him.

There are countless posts by Josh opening his mouth too big, augmenting drama, or just being a dumbass, moron, R-tard, idiot, etc. (or normal in his case). He says he will keep his Legacy if he can't sell it, but that is quite untrue and false given the past things he's said about Subaru. Coupling this with wanting to make a Legacy only meet, people view it as "Justify why I should keep my Legacy Meet."

I've gotten PMs (only three) about his appearance for the DIY trip. The PMs were mainly about "if he shows, I think I may not come by."

I don't mind Josh, mainly because I've accepted he has a mental disorder/condition of some sorts and it's just the way he is. Plus he is a cool guy when he wants to be. But even I've been starting to rethink about coming to the meets, especially this one. From the meet that a group of NASIOC folks hosted versus Josh's, I think I will go to another NASIOC meet instead. It is fun, we talk about Subaru cars (not trash them as Josh has done countless times), Evos, etc. No continuous trashing of Subaru. It gets old fast.

Anyways, that's my $.02

Just remember that it is an AWD meet and we should have a suby meet along with the WRX's etc, but have our own little area....why does everything have to be so darn confusing up here...when I lived in GA, we just posted a meet up online at www.wrxatl.com and everyone came...it was that simple...you people make it so complicated...stick with a plan and just go with it...I am not trying to be a d-bag...just saying when I read these posts it sounds so ridiculous....:confused:.

Yeah, Like I said. IAG with special parking area for the Legacy crew and invite more subaru's. Love is what makes subaru a subaru right? So why don't we show some love to the rest of the lineup.

I'm even open to making it a AWD Turbo meet to get some sick evo's and maybe some gtr's out. But I'm good with a subaru mega meet showcasing the legacy's

But if its AWD only and I do get my CTS-V by then.... Am I allowed to come to the meet?

And harry im not retarded im just an ASSHOLE, And i admit it. Does anyone give you shit for being a card carrying member of the jackass club? NO!

I am leaning towards IAG. Someone revive the list and see who is going to show up to this. Please PM anyone from any meet we have had in the past. I know there are locals who would show. and then all the people in Bmore/frederick. get the word out.

Archived