LegacyGT.com

MD/DC/NOVA Winter 2011 Mega meet GI thread!!!

LegacyGTBiggie

Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?

• 1) Go kart
    • 2) Lunch - cruise - shop
    • 3) Long drive/ cruise meet
    • 4) Other

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good man... i'll keep checkin the thread.

i went up to IAG last month for their open house... i remember on the way there there was a speed trap, it was kinda near a small town right before the main road to IAG.

my friend got tagged over the summer so we made sure we didnt speed by the camera again...

Taking 695 from baltimore to 795 is the way I usually go. They do have a few cars parked here and there. IAG itself sits about 1000 ft away from the MSP barracks. There speed limit is 45-50 so there really isn't a reason to get pulled over for speeding when they rarely pull over unless you are going 10 over the limit. Plenty fast for some nice rolling shots.

thats another good point. For rolling shots to work. You need a row of cars... with about 50-60' of spacing all doing a set speed under the limit allowing the camera car to pass by and shoot as it goes... Or camera car to do a set speed just under the limit and have the row of cars(still well spaced)... to slowly approach and then pass the camera car(giving different angles for shots).

Now when doing this and learnign mostly from last years meet and the one before it... Things need to be as well thought out as possible. For this reason I am going to try and make a trip up there soon to just check out the roads and give places. for some other shots. I really do not know the area up there well.

My planned shots would be a roll out video as people leave the resturaunt... then rolling shots on the way to the shop. Then everyone slow down and let the camera car get to the shop in time to film the group uturning and entereing the shop as a moving column.

How well this will work out is yet to be seen. but anyone who knows my normal photog knows he does good work.

http://th3forgott3n.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=55&page=2

Last years shots. No rolling video. Its kinda one or the other with him.

Great example of a decent roll out video. Where everyone pulled out and then sat on the shoulder until the camera car was ready. then still shots were taken on the trip to the spot.

http://th3forgott3n.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=10

Taking 695 from baltimore to 795 is the way I usually go. They do have a few cars parked here and there. IAG itself sits about 1000 ft away from the MSP barracks. There speed limit is 45-50 so there really isn't a reason to get pulled over for speeding when they rarely pull over unless you are going 10 over the limit. Plenty fast for some nice rolling shots.

I agree... Its pretty rare that guys are pulled over on the way up here....................................................................................................................................................

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/Lromero2005/STi/IMG00175.jpg

Sorry man, couldn't help it! lol! :lol:

Rick

CALLING PEOPLE FROM THE OWINGS MILLS AREA!!!

What resturaunts do you know of in that area.. near 795 with easy access to 795 are there?

Right now im looking at where the bestbuy is at qdoba or chik fil a. Both seem like they could handle the massed and also have a direct route to 795.

I agree... Its pretty rare that guys are pulled over on the way up here....................................................................................................................................................

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/Lromero2005/STi/IMG00175.jpg

Sorry man, couldn't help it! lol! :lol:

Rick

There were mass cops outthere, that shit was orchestrated....(f&f, 2001)

I wasn't speeding that was for the license plate. I drive so slow I could drive miss daisy, thats why I chose you to tune my car:eek:.:eek:

I keed I keed.

That was a funny day.

CALLING PEOPLE FROM THE OWINGS MILLS AREA!!!

What resturaunts do you know of in that area.. near 795 with easy access to 795 are there?

Right now im looking at where the bestbuy is at qdoba or chik fil a. Both seem like they could handle the massed and also have a direct route to 795.

There is a new Greene Turtle and Buffalo Wild Wings in Owings Mills.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

• I Donated

Red Robin!!!! Right at Owings Mills Blvd and 795. Even closer than the Qdoba, actually (although I have been to that Qdoba a few times). FYI, that Best Buy/Qdoba parking lot is almost always a huge clusterf*ck at lunch. Not sure about after work hours.

<--- Works in Owings Mills and will probably be getting an apartment here in early 2011...

• I Donated
Oh, BTW, the 22nd SHOULD work for me. My girl will be down here by then (she just got an offer from Booz Allen yesterday!!!), so she may or may not come. She does like cars, although she doesn't know too many technical details... yet.

Where are these places in reference to getting on 795. Ease of access to the highway is paramount when picking a place. IN a previous year we were at Red Robin in Columbia.. But the two/three lights and one other left turn made keep the group together IMPOSSIBLE.

Since you two know the areas please give me a suggestion that can 1) easily handly 20-30 orders in under 30-45 minutes and 2)has as few left turns and lights before the highway as possible.

• I Donated

Leaving Red Robin should be a left turn out of the parking lot ont Red Run Blvd, a right turn onto Owings Mills Blvd (right turn cut at a light), and a cloverleaf onto 795 northbound. Qdoba should be a right onto Owings Mills, several lights (straight) and then a highway-speed ramp onto 795.

Oh, there are also a couple other restaurants in the parking lot where Red Robin is. There's a Mexican place, I think a pub-fare place, maybe one more.

• I Donated
in your opinion. How hard on a saturday will it be to park at Qdoba and then get out onto owingsmills as a group?

No frickin' clue. I can check this Saturday at the approximate time we're planning to leave if you want.

Worst case we could pick a shoulder and have everyone collect there before caravaning out.

If we do Qdoba, Owings Mills Blvd has a great shoulder right before the 795 entrance.

• I Donated
thats what I was scoping on Google maps. If i wasnt so busy, I have been wanting to get up there and scout the route and talk to IAG in person. But alas... I am mr TOO busy

I got my WRX EJ255 from them. I might be bringing my old longblock up there in the next couple of weeks for them to buy it back. What do you need from them?

BTW, route is easy. When 795 ends, it feeds right into 140. IAG is on 140 about 5 miles up the road, on the left.

EDIT: J/K, 9 miles.

I jsut like to have some face time with a shop. Was easy with Agile since I have known those guys through friends for many years. With IAG its jsut good to put a face to who you aer dealing with. Rick has been great. I will have a official thread up this week with dates/times/places/pricing etc.

I think if I go...I'm gonna try and pimp some of my DVDs (the hurricane chase ones). Probably have the live stream going to. Make the chumps who don't go jealous.

Of course I did push back my big winter storm forecast to around that time in January (from December). So kinda hedging my bets there...LOL.

Archived