LegacyGT.com

Something you have NEVER seen before

I have the non-carbon Exedy twin, and the pedal effort is indeed like stock. I didn't realize there were carbon and non-carbon flavors when I bought it, so I'm a little bit concerned with lifespan now. But, it survived a night of drag racing with no complaints, and it still grabs hard. Hopefully it will survive a bunch more.

How long have you been running this clutch and at what hp level?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 years later...

Car is all apart. Finding lots of worn out stuff.

Gonna re-do the turbo kit. Thinking of re-using my GT3076r cartridge with a new Garrett V-band Twinscroll turbine housing in a 0.61 A/R and a new 4" anti-surge compressor housing and much shorter intake plumbing. This would mean new twinscroll headers and I would be trying to keep the turbo in the same location.

Goal would be to increase spool by a minimum of 300rpm with 525+ ftlbs and try for 465hp.

Another option is same low mount twinscroll idea, but with a GTX30r or GTX35r.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey mwiener2,

Looking at your build pictures (thanks again for sharing,) I was wondering what limits the vertical location on your turbo setup i.e. whats the limiting factor(s) preventing you from locating the turbo a bit higher up?

It seems that there the closest object which may cause interference (if you where to move the turbo up higher) is the radiator, then the main motor pulley, right?

Assuming one uses a slightly shorter (at the bottom) radiator, high much higher do you guess this turbo can go up?

thanks!

And you've been using the composite intake manifold for the previous and current build? Impressed with it's design and construction, but doesn't it have (slightly) unequal flow? Not an issue for small turbos, but i'd assume you've seen it at your levels.

Sent from my XT1028

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

I'm trying to picture the intake piping to the TB. I'm sure you've thought about getting a front feed intake manifold. Is that even possible ?

Looks great so far.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Damn I didn't check this thread last night from home, can't view picture here at work. I did find this.

http://www.full-race.com/articles/subaru-rotated-intake-manifold-install.php

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Oh I can see all the above pictures now.

That's a plastic intake, did you just rotate the stock one 180* or is that from some other Subaru ? Sorry if you posted that info earlier.

This is a great thread, looking forward to seeing more. I like custom set up's.

• 4 weeks later...

NO! was so excited to see the new post, but pictures don't load. :(

EDIT: whew, they load now. that was close. almost had a meltdown....

That's some significant relocation of components on the left side, unless the pre-07 cars came that way...

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

• 2 weeks later...

Archived