LegacyGT.com

Something you have NEVER seen before

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200 mile update:

Everything is holding together. No oil consumption or leaking.

The corrugated tube I used at the wastegate outlet leaks like a sieve when it's cold, but it seals up when it's hot. A little annoying, but tolerable.

The V-band that connects my "downpipe" to my catback sucks. It was a cheaper one I was trying and it uses smooth mating surfaces. It leaks horribly. It will be replaced with a quality v-band with a seating ring when I take everything apart for coating.

For all those that are concerned, rocks have not been flinging themselves in front of my car as I drive. Also, people are not throwing rocks under my car as I drive by.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Looked through a couple hundred dyno sheets today. I'm pulling out cars that that have GT30r sized turbos. I haven't found a rotated 30r one yet, but I have a few dom3's and other 30r based turbos. I've got about a thousand more sheets to go through.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

How much regular maintenance are you having to do with your car? I assume it's getting up there in miles. CV boots, wheel bearings, weird rattles, random stuff?

I seem to spend a lot more of my time under my 05 fixing random crap as the miles pile on - up around 120k now.

Congrats on the sick build. Props for innovation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Clutch slipped a lil in 5th the other day. It was -1 degrees out so I think it was overboosting a tad. Popped an intercooler hose while trying to replicate problem.

ACT PP and Street Disc

I guess it may be time for a real clutch.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

B.S.

You were worried about rogue boulders.

started on this. Was worried about snow getting packed in around everything.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/5250Performance/IMAG0010.jpg

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

triple disc yo

Carbonetic Triple. Last clutch you'll need to buy.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No way, the Carbonetic feels like stock.

That, and the Exedy Hyper Twin Carbon are my two favorite clutches. OEM pedal effort, unholy amounts of power capability, and awesome wear life. If you can stomach the price, and a bit of noise when the clutch is depressed, it's an awesome setup.

B.S.

You were worried about rogue boulders.

That definitely happens. Rounding Rabbit Ears Pass during spirited driving last year I came around a corner and found a ~6" rock in the middle of the lane. Mike would have simply cruised over it but not me... took out part of my undertray and left 2 good dents in my DP and mid-pipe. I was really happy that's all it was, actually. It would take a rock of at least 2' to take out my turbo, though. :lol:

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

No way, the Carbonetic feels like stock.

That, and the Exedy Hyper Twin Carbon are my two favorite clutches. OEM pedal effort, unholy amounts of power capability, and awesome wear life. If you can stomach the price, and a bit of noise when the clutch is depressed, it's an awesome setup.

I have the non-carbon Exedy twin, and the pedal effort is indeed like stock. I didn't realize there were carbon and non-carbon flavors when I bought it, so I'm a little bit concerned with lifespan now. But, it survived a night of drag racing with no complaints, and it still grabs hard. Hopefully it will survive a bunch more.

It's be coming through the windshield long before it touched your turbo.

I'm just gonna turn the boost down for now and deal with it once it gets a bit warmer out. When I drop the tranny, I'll send all my exhaust pipes and turbo in for coating. I'll try and tackle my driveshaft stiffening project, and she needs new shocks.

don't hold your breathe for any updates

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived