LegacyGT.com

Something you have NEVER seen before

Whats it sound like? I know EL headers sound...strange.

Oh?

Since people are throwing that term around, please note His isn't quite Equal Length. There's way more than two types of headers. This will produce pulse interference on 1-3 and 2-4. The lengths from 1 and 2 are the same, but are maybe 20% shorter than 3 and 4. It is essentially almost a WBR header wil 2.5 feet of pipe eliminated.

Either way it is a lot better than stock, where EVERY runner is a different distance, and much further apart in distance. And of course a lot shorter.

An equal length header such as APS or Perrin or Full Race will be truly equal length, and also joined at a common distance to maximize pulse separation.

However, unless Full Race ever releases one of their test prototypes, it stands that only Subaru and Tino have actually built an under engine turbo equal length header.

Not ragging on this design as it is badass. Just calling it what it is. Can't wait for results.

It also looks like there will actually be some beneficial scavenging here, whether or not intended. 1 will fire, then 3 will. 1 will help suck the pulse out of 3. Due to the slight distance apart, the two will not interfere nearly like what they would if the bank collectors were facing the rear of the car instead of front. So in that way this header will be beneficial.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What dont you understand?

Hows your Air to Water IC working out?

Mathematically determined it would be less efficient than a FMIC (which was not easy for me). Only problem with FMIC is the long ass piping. But I have been getting quotes on a custom under engine header and exhaust that would dramatically shorten the charge pipe volume. Solves the throttle response issue of FMIC, which drove me to AWIC in the first place since TMIC heal soaks in the city, which is what I live in the middle of. AWIC is a very good option, bit this is a lot better, and offers the #1 benefit of shorter header runners. Took me one pull in a modified Evo to figure out what we've all been missing out on. That and I have a dozen other car project that are coming along.

What original car research have you been up to?

If it is any consolation, my EL headers definitely sound different, but the car behaves much better, and proper exhaust still leaves it sounding beastly. Only problem is I don't get drone anymore, which sucks cause now I can talk on the phone finally.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have seen more than one person run R134A through passages of a custom AWIC core. It was pretty neat. I guess, practically, that would hurt cabin cooling efficiency, but it'd be a surefire way to keep intake temps down.

Being less efficient than a FMIC shouldn't dissuade you. Consistency is sometimes more important. An FMIC can still heat-soak with little air flow. An AWIC of sufficient capacity can't really.

BMW even uses them on their twin-turbo V8 models.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I wonder if the 2010 header bolts up to the older cars. Gut feeling is yes, since it's still the same engine code. But there has to be some reason why no one has done it yet...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

You need a 2010 oil pan to do it. But the pan would hit the crossmember. So for 2010 they pushed the crossmember way back. It's no good for us, swap wise. There is even a thread where I said it wouldnt fit, but we all had our doubts, so two people ordered the pan, and both were not happy.

Ahh, that stinks.

Ladies, please, you are both pretty.

Let's get back on topic please.

Top scavenge pumps almost never fail. Aftermarket fuel pumps fail more often than top scavenge units.

Very interested to hear if any oiling issues will arise. Many threads I have read on other forums vaguely indicate a sump is often added out of necessity. Similar story for a breather line so the pump doesn't suck the CHRA dry. Tino said his uber deluxe wicked awesome bro sump fixed all his oiling issues.

during the build process, my partner forgot to unplug the pump at one point. It ran dry untill the battery was at 2 volts (the next morning)

It didn't make noise or overheat and it still runs just fine. Besides, it wouldn't leave a puddle in a parking lot somewhere... it would leave a trail down the road

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Getting into this thread late, but if you do run into issues with STS pursuing their BS patent claims, there's a GC8 Impreza I spotted over on NASIOC that did the front-bottom turbo mount at least as early as 2005. It's in the old "I need pimp GC8 pics!!" thread.

Neat build, and I admire the fabrication skills. Subscribed to hear how it runs.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

He wanted an oil pump, and they shit their pants

Archived