LegacyGT.com

what is needed to tune a 2005 legacy 2.5i

2005legacy2.5i

Mine is auto, I thought yours was as well? If not, I can probably make one for you, as it seems pretty simple.

I also saw that learning view was made by merchgod and got upset at first, but if you check the last few pages of posts, just before yours, you'll see he says

"I've started working on it again here and there. I don't really have an ETA at this point, though."

So hopefully he's starting up on it again, I wonder hope he will include support for out 2.5i's and not just for the new sti/wrx

Mine is auto as well, just wanted to make sure. I actually posted in that learning view thread earlier today to let merchgod know that we are without support if he's working on it again.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Well I haven't had a chance to touch anything since before Christmas now, but I might try to get out and do some more logging tonight. When I left off I was datalogging MAF tabs, to calibrate the MAF sensor. Takes a while to get a good log, 40+ minutes of low throttle input driving, boourns.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can download ecuflash 1.31? I have tried for about an hour to find it searching, but to no avail.

I have pulled the ROM with ecuflash 1.42 but it won't read the file saying it's not defined. I have tried adding the definitions with no luck.

Thank you, I actually submitted the ROM last night and you've already created a ticket for me. I appreciate it.

I read through this thread and noticed a few people were saying that ecuflash 1.31 worked for them when other versions didn't, however, after a few hours of reading/searching I figured out that wasn't my problem so I joined the romraider forums.

I noticed the CAL ID is very similar to the 2005 Impreza 2.5RS... E2ZJ121B vs E2ZJ121G. I have read the thread "Defining an unknown ROM, similar to a known ROM" and I am very tempted to try it myself, however, I doubt I'll be successful.

Just to clarify is anyone else still running/fine tuning their tune? The last 3 logs I did I lost, so I haven't logged it in a while.

But the thing that I'm not sure about is when I do dyno pulls using RR, I'm getting funky results. Interested to see what other people are getting.

I have the functioning ROM, ROM DEFS, LOGGING DEFS, ECUFash data, ect for the 05 2.5i Legacy. I was going to tune pre-dents car, but didn't have it all together and functioning until recently. The injector size is very small, so you would need to do a lot to make e85 worth the cost.

I have the functioning ROM, ROM DEFS, LOGGING DEFS, ECUFash data, ect for the 05 2.5i Legacy. I was going to tune pre-dents car, but didn't have it all together and functioning until recently. The injector size is very small, so you would need to do a lot to make e85 worth the cost.

Thanks! Yea I know I need to get bigger injectors to run e-85 but the gains seem worth it, I guess I better find some injectors would 440cc work or what would you recommend?

Thanks

440's really are not that big, especially for e85. Plus, the 05 and 06 are sidefeeds, unless the NA is different. The 02-05 WRX uses 420cc injectors, pretty close to the same size. The 05-06 LGT's use 520cc injectors and the 07+ are 550cc. Most Legacy GT owners, who switch to e85, get a minimum of 800cc injectors. You'll also need a fuel pump, ect. I would see what gains are made with some slight mods first. No sense in dumping so much money if it's not worth it. You'll get to the point where an LGT would end up being a better option. Just my $.02

Such as the throttle reading not staying at 100% through the entire pull?

No, more like wonky hp/torque curves, etc. I can't seem to get the same curves more than once.

Although I must say, everytime I've done pulls I havn't really prepared for them, and only do a couple per run.

The one thing that's consistent though is the max hp, it's always hovering around the same

But I do have to go out and just take some time to do some dyno's properly, maybe it's just been the conditions I've been doing them in.

Is that an issue that's been happening though? I haven't had a lot of time to check the RR forums recently

No, more like wonky hp/torque curves, etc. I can't seem to get the same curves more than once.

Although I must say, everytime I've done pulls I havn't really prepared for them, and only do a couple per run.

The one thing that's consistent though is the max hp, it's always hovering around the same

But I do have to go out and just take some time to do some dyno's properly, maybe it's just been the conditions I've been doing them in.

Is that an issue that's been happening though? I haven't had a lot of time to check the RR forums recently

Have you been using the same stretch of road the same time? Can you post some of your datalogs?

My efforts have been totally de-railed since Christmas, and I'm going to pick up my new-to-me truck ('96 Hilux Surf 3.0TD) in a couple of weeks, so I'm honestly not sure when I'll get back into this. The new project will keep me busy for the forseeable future, and I won't be driving the Legacy nearly as much going forward.

This may be a bit of help re: repeatability.

I don't use the RR dyno feature. I use bad noodles and other software.

This chart shows the difference between a stock LGT and my car, with just an STi up pipe and one gutted down pipe cat, running at 16psi. At one point (around 3,200rpm) or so, my car is making 80wtq more than the stocker

Both use a smoothing factor of 4. Again, this is at 4,500ft so numbers would be higher at lower elevation.

730984524_MyLGT.png.6a869a6716f3ba0da533e311ecd3595e.png

Archived