LegacyGT.com

what is needed to tune a 2005 legacy 2.5i

2005legacy2.5i

For anyone interested, here's a list of the tables that have been modified so far in my Phat Botti tune:

Matching ECU IDs: E2ZJ101B

reading ECU DEFs file: C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\Desktop\Subaru Tuning\2005Legacy25i-E2ZJ101B_v1i.txt

E2ZJ101B.base = 32BITBASE

32BITBASE.base is empty

1382 different bytes

Modified tables: 11

CL to OL Delay A (Atm. Pressure) changed

CL to OL Delay B (Atm. Pressure) changed

Primary Open Loop Fueling A changed

Primary Open Loop Fueling B changed

Timing Compensation (IAT) changed

Base Timing A changed

Base Timing B changed

Base Timing C changed

Knock Correction Advance Max changed

Requested Torque (Accelerator Pedal) changed

Checksum Fix changed

Using the map compare utility Dschultz linked earlier in the thread, thanks again!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just sent my payment off, seems like I will get a map tomorrow.

Also seems like they get off about one email response per day.

It may go faster if you were to phone them.

I agree, but I've tried to find a time when it is convenient to phone them and it never seems to work out for me. That's going to have to happen, as I'm just not getting my questions answered via PM's and emails which is frustrating.

The car is running very well though, and knock counts are way down from where we started.

I seem to be getting pms pretty regularly around 10:30-11:00AM EST, so I figure hes probably able to answer the phone around then. Maybe give him a call then.

At this point, I wonder how much faster infamous would be able to tune, though I am happy with phats just because hes tuned more NAs, so maybe that makes a difference. No idea tbh.

Well, I called Mikey tonight, he showed me how to lean out my fueling at WOT over the phone as he didn't have my files with him in Miami, so I'll maybe get a chance to flash it and log it tomorrow if things go well! I guess calling is the way to go.

Just put my first revision on the other night, and the car responds a LOT better.

It's more then just the DBW change, and the 4EAT doesnt suck as badly now.

Haven't had a chance to send off the logs yet, but definitely worth the money imo, makes the car so much more drivable.

Once I receive the final tune, I'll do a couple of pulls and compare stock with the final tune and see if theres hp increase, etc.

Just put my first revision on the other night, and the car responds a LOT better.

It's more then just the DBW change, and the 4EAT doesnt suck as badly now.

Haven't had a chance to send off the logs yet, but definitely worth the money imo, makes the car so much more drivable.

Once I receive the final tune, I'll do a couple of pulls and compare stock with the final tune and see if theres hp increase, etc.

I found a big difference in the engine response making the 4EAT feel more responsive as well, with the DBW delay gone, and doing what you tell it to, when you tell it, the 4EAT is the only delay left, and it makes a big difference!

I'm waiting for virtual dyno to release it's next version, which should have support, or the ability to create your own car, so it would make before/after comparison much easier to do.

Sounds like I missed a parameter with my last logs, so I'll have to redo them. Might get a chance to do this tonight.

That will give you the exact same results as the dyno in RR Logger.

Good to know, I'll have to play with it a bit over the winter.

I re-did my logs last night, and fired them off. I'm out of town for the next week though, so those will likely be my last logs on dry pavement as we're set to get snow the next few days.:mad:

Sigh, I know it can take a long time to get setup again, but this process is taking a long time.

I guess we'll get it tuned in the end, just sucks its taking so long.

No kidding, it's the complete lack of communication that bugs me the most. The ground here is under 2 feet of snow at this point, so no more power tuning for me anyways till spring.

!! wow, we havnt gotten anything at all yet.

Atleast you can go out and play in the snow with the leggy ;p

And that is a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, lol! I was in Sauga last week for work, the rain sucked, but the temp was a nice change! While it was 13 above the one day there, it was snowing here, we've got something like 42cm since mid-november!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you're starting to get frustrated with Mikey as well? Ron picked up the ball and ran with it for me, got me a bunch of info so I can get my MAF calibrated and he's going to help me dial in the fuel economy side of things over the winter, much better communication from him!

On that note, do you have a table named something like "closed loop target enrichment" in your defined ROM? Mine is missing it by the looks of it. Trying to see if DSchultz can take another look at it for me when he gets a chance.

Yea, Ron just got back to me today as well, and the communication is a lot better.

Probably have similar calibration that you have to do, though I will have to wait a couple days before I get a chance to do it.

Just took a look at rom rainder, and I might have the one you are talking about?

http://i.imgur.com/iResA.png

Is my rom raider view, based on my definitions. The setting you are looking for, its not in the pdf he sent is it?

We found the missing parameter, it was there all along, lol. I've got my 1st reflash on the road to calibrating the MAF sensor, and I through some new plugs in last week. The car is feeling pretty good right now.

Learning view tells me my ecu is not supported, so I've got more loose ends to chase down from the looks of things.

Learning view tells me my ecu is not supported, so I've got more loose ends to chase down from the looks of things.

Yea I'm in the same boat as you for learning view, seems like its only updated by merchgod, and you cant just plug in new definitions like RR/ecu flash.

BTW if you're out doing a log, you might be able to do a pull with the virtual dyno in RR, I made a entry for our car (though wheels are stock 205/55/16, not sure what you're running right now)

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64532#p64532

Hopefully I should have some time tomorrow to do some logging/pulls and see how its responding.

Is your car an auto or standard?

Merchgod is no longer updating anything ROMRAIDER as he is employed with a competitor, at least that's my understanding. I wonder if this is something Dschultz could look at for us? Learning view would be nice.

Is your car an auto or standard?

Merchgod is no longer updating anything ROMRAIDER as he is employed with a competitor, at least that's my understanding. I wonder if this is something Dschultz could look at for us? Learning view would be nice.

Mine is auto, I thought yours was as well? If not, I can probably make one for you, as it seems pretty simple.

I also saw that learning view was made by merchgod and got upset at first, but if you check the last few pages of posts, just before yours, you'll see he says

"I've started working on it again here and there. I don't really have an ETA at this point, though."

So hopefully he's starting up on it again, I wonder hope he will include support for out 2.5i's and not just for the new sti/wrx

Archived