LegacyGT.com

what is needed to tune a 2005 legacy 2.5i

2005legacy2.5i

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got my cable in today, and I can datalog, working on getting ecuflash to read my ecu.

Burnout should we try to organize something with infamous, or just join in on the phatbotti tune? I'd like to get a tune by the end of the week if we can work something out!

Ok, so I guess we should setup a group buy for NAs. From this thread alone looks like it would be atleast 3 people. But group buys can be problematic for various reasons. Maybe he'll do a 3 person deal, and we just leave it at that, lol..

If not I'll just get it from him for 125.

Does infamous1 do anything different than phatbotti tuning? If he can alter more values and produce a higher quality tune, I'd definitely throw him the extra $25 dollars. If they both tune the same parameters, I'll have a tougher time justifying it.

I got a response from Mikey @ Phat Botti last night about what has been modified on my tune so far:

"Fueling, delays, ignition base, ignition advance, and the dbw throttle mapping have all been modified."

Not sure what Infamous1 does, but we have a better idea what Phat Botti does at least. Can't wait to try out my new revision tomorrow!

Oh man, what a mess it was to get this thing working. Anyways its working now (I think my biggest issue is that I was using the latest version of ecuflash, for reasons that ended up being wrong) Going back to 1.31 works. Seems like in newer ones they must have "banned" vagcom cables from being used with ecuflash.

Only thing I am not sure about is that my Internal ID is different then E2ZJ173B, it is E2ZJ141B I will see if that makes a difference by pming dschultz.

Haha, my car is auto like Ians, so I have no idea. I guess I will upload it and see if they can define it for me.

If you look on this page you'll see there are lots of different versions for each model, so I guess thats just what it is.

Haha, my car is auto like Ians, so I have no idea. I guess I will upload it and see if they can define it for me.

If you look on this page you'll see there are lots of different versions for each model, so I guess thats just what it is.

My car is an '05 with a build date in '04, so that could be a factor, lol.

Oh man, what a mess it was to get this thing working. Anyways its working now (I think my biggest issue is that I was using the latest version of ecuflash, for reasons that ended up being wrong) Going back to 1.31 works. Seems like in newer ones they must have "banned" vagcom cables from being used with ecuflash.

I think serial port support was dropped in the newer 1.4x releases.

When datalogging, the AFR field appeared to react like a wideband, not a narrowband O2 sensor. Did some searching, and it looks like the LGT's do have factory wideband O2 sensors, but due to their placement before the turbo, they are not considered accurate for tuning purposes. Since we don't have those pesky turbos, we shouldn't have the same problems, and may be able to use the factory O2 sensor for AFR logging and tuning!

I'm waiting for Mikey @ Phat Botti to get back to me and confirm this, but it would be pretty cool if that would work!

Edit: Mikey confirmed that he uses the stock wideband to tune NA cars, and when compared to his aftermarket widebands they are usually out by a tenth or so, pretty damn good for free!

I guess the question is now, 87, 89 or 91? I know we can use 87 with no problem, but I guess if we get a more agressive tune we'd need to move into 91?

I'll probably get tuned on 87 first, and compare any logs with you guys if you are running anything higher.

I guess the question is now, 87, 89 or 91? I know we can use 87 with no problem, but I guess if we get a more agressive tune we'd need to move into 91?

I'll probably get tuned on 87 first, and compare any logs with you guys if you are running anything higher.

I'm tuning on Co-op 87 octane 1st, the crappiest gas that's likely to go into the car, and what we've been filling it with anyways to start. A re-tune is $20, so I'll tune for 91 in the spring and see if it's worth putting premium in or not.;)

Rev2 got flashed and datalogged tonight, better throttle response for sure, and less observed knock everywhere. Down to 2-3 from 5-6 during WOT and medium throttle acceleration. AFR's are pretty righ though, mid-high 11's under WOT, I mentioned this when I submitted the new logs, can't wait to see what's next. Also logged some other AFR functions so they can hopefully scale the MAF for the next revision.

Where are you guys at with this? Any progress?

My car is feeling pretty good, but is not finished IMO. If the factory wideband is infact accurate, then I'm running real rich at WOT, but we're still plugging away at it. Throttle response is much improved!

Tried my map out yesterday. It threw a CEL and idled like crap. I don't know if used the def dschultz created for me, or the one used for your car. I sent him the one for my car, but they might have not noticed it in the e-mail.

They mentioned that the definition was for an auto car, so I'm guessing they used your def.

I am going to try to back out at the moment, because my car has so many other problems right now. (Exhaust leaks, drivetrain maladies)

Tried my map out yesterday. It threw a CEL and idled like crap. I don't know if used the def dschultz created for me, or the one used for your car. I sent him the one for my car, but they might have not noticed it in the e-mail.

They mentioned that the definition was for an auto car, so I'm guessing they used your def.

I am going to try to back out at the moment, because my car has so many other problems right now. (Exhaust leaks, drivetrain maladies)

Hmm, ya you want it in good mechanical shape before tuning. If you've received a tune you might have a hard time with getting a refund though. Worst case scenario, hold off on having the tune done till spring and get the car fixed over the winter. Once the snow melts, get to work, and you locked in at the GB price.

Archived