LegacyGT.com

what is needed to tune a 2005 legacy 2.5i

2005legacy2.5i

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still haven't had a chance to mess with mine again, hopefully tonight but things are busy right now.

Hey Ian is it a possibility for you to give me a little walk through on what I need to do to get my ecu to work with ECUflash, because I think your definition should work for me if I do everything correctly.

Tahnks,

Dennis

Hey Ian is it a possibility for you to give me a little walk through on what I need to do to get my ecu to work with ECUflash, because I think your definition should work for me if I do everything correctly.

Tahnks,

Dennis

If I knew what I was doing I'd have this tune thing finished by now, lol! I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have, but at this point I am far from an expert on the topic. I'm learning as I go, and running into problems every step along the way it seems.

If I knew what I was doing I'd have this tune thing finished by now, lol! I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have, but at this point I am far from an expert on the topic. I'm learning as I go, and running into problems every step along the way it seems.

Haha alright thank you, my issue is that I can log with romraider but I cannot get ecuflash to read my ECU it says " [15:15:49.320] Using interface FT232R USB UART A800ecIx

[15:15:49.320] interface close

[15:15:49.327] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

[15:15:49.327] interface close "

I am lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Haha alright thank you, my issue is that I can log with romraider but I cannot get ecuflash to read my ECU it says " [15:15:49.320] Using interface FT232R USB UART A800ecIx

[15:15:49.320] interface close

[15:15:49.327] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

[15:15:49.327] interface close "

I am lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!

When I 1st set everything up, I was able to datalog with ROMRAIDER, and read my ecu using ECUFLASH. When I got my new definitions, I think I put them in the wrong places, and nothing worked. Then I re-did ROMRAIDER and got my datalogging working again, but I can't get it to read the ecu, so that's where I'm stuck, and I just haven't had a chance to mess with it again. I didn't note what the error messages were though, I'll pay attention next time I mess with it and we can compare.

When I 1st set everything up, I was able to datalog with ROMRAIDER, and read my ecu using ECUFLASH. When I got my new definitions, I think I put them in the wrong places, and nothing worked. Then I re-did ROMRAIDER and got my datalogging working again, but I can't get it to read the ecu, so that's where I'm stuck, and I just haven't had a chance to mess with it again. I didn't note what the error messages were though, I'll pay attention next time I mess with it and we can compare.

Alright, I will play around with the definitions, Your definion should work for me because i guess it doesn't matter with this def. if your car is AT or MT. Thanks Again, let us know how it goes!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I got my '09 2.5i SE tuned via open source and it really helped with throttle response time and constant power band throughout the whole RPM range. It also has a higher idle(750 or so) to smoothen it out....unfortunately don't have pre/post dyno results....

Got it. You need to use ECUFlash 1.29a. I can provide the link later when I'm back on OSX.

I think I saved the rom correctly... :D

LINK:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBFURU6Z

EDIT: I used version 1.31 and was able to read the ROM, but I can't get it to work currently. I'm disappointed to report I haven't had a chance to try this out again, I'm not done with it by any means, just busy.

Got it. You need to use ECUFlash 1.29a. I can provide the link later when I'm back on OSX.

I think I saved the rom correctly... :D

LINK:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBFURU6Z

Sorry I have not been on lately, but thank you very much, I shall try that as soon as I get my hands on a windows computer again (Macbook FTW :rolleyes:)

Okay guys, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm 90% sure what the files are for.

The RomRaider file entitled: 2005Legacy25i-E2ZJ101B_V1.xml

Is this only for the TUNER to use once I send them my ROM? Do I need this file to LOG? This file is listed as an "Editor Def" on the RR forums, leading me to believe I don't need this because I am not the one that will be doing the actual TUNING of my car, correct? What files am I supposed to be loading into RomRaider in order to begin datalogging?

When I am logging in RR do I load the ECUFlash Definition as the "Logger Definition?" Or 2005Legacy25i-E2ZJ101B_V1.xml?

I think I know what I'm doing, but I want to be entirely sure that I'm doing everything right first.

Update: Used ECUFlash 1.31 (1.30 won't work) and it recognized the experimental definition. I was able to create a .hex with this. Woo!

Problem: RomRaider EDITOR won't load it, it says the ECU definition can't be found, even though I pointed it to the RR Definition above.

Should I post the .hex on RR forums to get a definition made? Is there a chance that the American ECU is different from Canadian and requires different defs?

3PM Update: Datalogging works. :-) Now I just have to get the editor def problem sorted out and I'll be ready to send out for a tune.

Archived