LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ouch, ya thats no good, you can really cause alot of damage that way, similar thing happened to me, i was powerlifting and used my back too much, burst and pinched a bunch of nerves, recovery was not easy, i was in rehad for months, word of advice, when you power lift, the movement is coming from the hips, legs and butt. So when you snatch the explosiveness is from the hips and legs, you want to get underneath the bar, kind of like your squatting down, then squat up once your arms are well locked and you have control of the bar

i was joking. I really don't do any.

but....for you guys that foam roll and are looking for some good self rehab; let me introduce you to KStar: http://www.mobilitywod.com/

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

i was joking. I really don't do any.

but....for you guys that foam roll and are looking for some good self rehab; let me introduce you to KStar: http://www.mobilitywod.com/

No joke, KStar has changed my life. Amazing what you can do when you actually start to understand the physiology of movement, ROM, etc. The biggest improvements in my performance over the last year have definitely been more a result of increased flexibility and mobiity than increased output.

Did you see the recent video he posted regarding traditional ideas for injury management? (ice, ibuprofen, etc) If not, check it out. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

will check it out when I get home. that was the interview with that dude right? tried to listen at work, but couldn't.

yeah.....listening to him makes me wish I had taken the PT track back when I started school again.

and he's helped me out too. all the cycling I do takes a toll and I was constantly going in to my chiro for adjustments/injuries often. now I'm in like once every couple months.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, interview with the older dude in one of the box suites at the Crossfit Games.

Cliffs:

To every doctor, trainer, pt, etc...

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Crazy part is... it makes sense. But I'm not a doctor and don't know human psysiology well enough to know if that truly is in fact how our circulatory and lymphadic systems actually work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6OxUAWaFC0&feature=plcp]Eric Moss rolls up a frying pan with his hands - YouTube[/ame]

this is my old kettlebell trainer, got me into kettlebells a couple of years ago, now i am loving it, this is him rolling a frying pan with his hands, he also bends horse shoes and steel rods

yeah, interview with the older dude in one of the box suites at the Crossfit Games.

Cliffs:

To every doctor, trainer, pt, etc...

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Crazy part is... it makes sense. But I'm not a doctor and don't know human psysiology well enough to know if that truly is in fact how our circulatory and lymphadic systems actually work.

it's been really cool to see Kelly's progression over the years.

Today I tested my back with squat, bench, and deadlift warmup sets of five. No discomfort/pain, but I could tell I wasn't ready to push it with any sort of work set. Followed up with dips (16/15/14). I need to check that mobilitywod, because my right shoulder has been excessively sore when doing bench/dips.

about to do kettlebell workout with tabata intervals (should be fun lol) using a 30 kg kettlebell 3 rounds of the following for both arms without rest: 5 swings, 5 pull swings, 5 snatches, 5 around the world snatches, 5 clean and press,5 lunges, then repeat on other arm, thats one round. then 20 hand stand pushups without wall assist, 30 dragon flags and 50 pushups (different variations)

about to do kettlebell workout with tabata intervals (should be fun lol) using a 30 kg kettlebell 3 rounds of the following for both arms without rest: 5 swings, 5 pull swings, 5 snatches, 5 around the world snatches, 5 clean and press,5 lunges, then repeat on other arm, thats one round. then 20 hand stand pushups without wall assist, 30 dragon flags and 50 pushups (different variations)

Beastmode! Get after it.

finished workout, i did cheat a little, took a couple of breaks.

these are the handles, paint chipped off from all the friction, now imagine how bad my hands are :lol:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb436/octain11/0816122056.jpg

edit:fixed pic

ohh man. This is a good thread to come across for me. I'm just getting back onto the fitness wagon after spending the past 2 years couch and desk surfing. I started the training a week ago and am already doing 3 mile runs in 30 minutes.

I'm clocking 163lbs right now and have a good chunk spread across just my belly on a 5'4" frame.

My goal is to get into shape to do an Olympic TRI by the end of next year. I'm hoping to keep the weight to around 150 and keeping most of that weight as muscle vs fat as it sits today.

nice bike. was looking at a Felt fx65 cross bike. sweet bike, but after I got fitted I found out it wouldn't fit.

ended up getting a Bianchi Zurigo: http://www.bianchiusa.com/bikes/cyclocross/zurigo/

nice bike. was looking at a Felt fx65 cross bike. sweet bike, but after I got fitted I found out it wouldn't fit.

ended up getting a Bianchi Zurigo: http://www.bianchiusa.com/bikes/cyclocross/zurigo/

The felt is a nice bike, and so is that Bianchi....

I contemplated the felt, however specialized has an overwhelming market share around here, so it was easier to go specialized... my ride...

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2009/allez/allezsportcompactdouble in black...

I've got 3 friends with the same bike as you do jasejase and they love them. I mainly went for the felt because for the price point I was looking to spend it had the best of what I was looking for.

The car's camber is not positive at all actually so it must be the camera angle... It's not as negative as I had it in the past when the car had its mod's on but now that its stock its boring and slow but I'm over it. Waiting to see what subaru brings forward in the next few years in form of STI's.

Archived