LegacyGT.com

underglow?? yes or no???

redstriker

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
No, my uncle died and i had to spend money to fly to Atlanta on short notice for his funeral

if you can fly to atlanta for 50$ or so (the price of a cheap underglow kit) i'd like to use your airline

i smell somethin

I make T-Shirts! and I Detail Cars(I'll go to you!) Send me a PM!!

"Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed..."

under glow = full retard

if you can fly to atlanta for 50$ or so (the price of a cheap underglow kit) i'd like to use your airline

i smell somethin

What possessed you to bump this thread?

What were you searching for? Undercar neon? Atlanta flights?

Either way, nice job. This thread was one of the better threads we had in 2010.

Ok. Flame me if you want but...

I installed 100 blue LED's. Yes 100. On the underside of my truck. 4 tubes. 30 each on the sides, 20 each front and back. Glows and performs 9 different "scenes". I have shown LOTS of local members (it is the truck I use for mobile repairs). Believe it or not, EVERYONE loves it. It always draws a crowd. Especially when I run it through scenes and speed up and slow down the flashing/pulsating.

I can post pix if you want. You can laugh. It really does look better than the old neon. It kinda goes with the truck though as it is a slammed Frontier.

All I have are crappy cell phone shots. Its 730am here. Give me until tonight and I will take some pix with the camera and post.

My wife asked if I was gonna do it to the SpecB. I said "no way in hell". So I guess I agree on that. But really, on a lowered minitruck it kinda goes with the theme. Just like the fuzzy dice on the rear view and the flames on the license plate surround. What can I say, I show my age LOL.

But my subs hit 140db, my tires are tucked WAY into the wells and my KA24DE engine is being prepped to add the (t) designation. Making it a KA24DE-T (Turbo!).

Thats what I did. LED, not neon.

I am a little embarrassed seing how this thread is going, but I am a retail vendor of StreetGlow. If someone does want LED or neon under glow, wheel wells, exterior LED's and neon and interior LED's + neon, I can supply it.

I'm going to have to vote with poster joedirtae09 on this one. Somehow it just works on a 5+ year old pickup and even looks retro-cool on a frontier.

IF your pickup only had LED it would be lame.

If it only had 140db bass it would be over the top.

If it only hadmass market rims it would be bland but slammed and together its a flashback from the past. An all around smooth package!

Nothing like ROCKING the bass with the leds dancing. Remember how hard we laughed when we saw it reflected in the other cars???

People did not used to do this to p/ups because it was lame - it was FUN and fun makes people smile. Turn on the neon and get a glance, make it spin around the car and watch people glare, TURN ON THE BEATS AND MAKE IT DANCE AND PEOPLE STARE! The quad horn setup is just a party bonus.

Ultimate bachelor party ride too (although the wife thinks the whole package is silly as hell).

EDIT: This is the American version of http://pinktentacle.com/2007/05/extreme-japanese-custom-vans/

Personally I like the dropped trucks but neon just isnt for me. The first thing the kid I sold my civic too was put neon on it. The car was pretty clean when I sold it but dang I didnt know some one could rice a car so fast. Not saying ur truck is rice oviously I like it

Archived