LegacyGT.com

Changing Oil: Best for LGT?

Hey guys this is my first post and might seem kinda stupid. I recently bought an 05 LGT and the dealership that I purchased it at said that the previous owner only used synthetic oil. I don't know too much about cars but I just wanted to know a quality synthetic oil that I could use everytime that would be best for my LGT?

This thread is not yet, but soon will be... FULL OF WIN!

I cannot tell you what is better than anything else honestly but I can tell you that I gave my Subaru oil changes every 3000 to 4000 miles with Mobil 1 Synth and Subaru oil filters and it is running fine after almost six years and 60k miles.

Before this gets totally out of hand, and it will, pick ANY 5w30 conventional motor oil and change it every 3k miles.

True facts; 110K here W/ AP on an auto... just change the crap and watch the level.. beyond that without reading the links I never gave much credit to this over that unless you're racing it, driving it in the gobi or the artic.

Before this gets totally out of hand, and it will, pick ANY 5w30 conventional motor oil and change it every 3k miles.

+1, I only use every 3k-4k and car runs wonderfully. Also spend a few moments to check oil level every 3-4 fuel fillups.

Since the OP said he plans on sticking with synthetic.. If you want the best synthetic, run Red Line or Amsoil. If you don't want to spend that kind of coin, really any synthetic will do just fine in your LGT, even supertech. I would recommend taking a visit to walmart, since some walmarts have pennzoil platinum 5qt jugs on clearance for $13, which is a great deal. If your walmart has that sale, I'd pick up a few jugs and be set for the next year.

wow... actual information!

we should make this a sticky and all non-informative posts should be deleted :lol:

i assure you it was by pure accident...;) what i meant to say was, " ONLY USE AMSOIL!!!! all the rest is crap and using mobil one will blow up your car!!! i can drive over buildings at 200 mph and only change it every 2 million miles!" :soap_box:

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

winwinwinwinwin

It is still ugly.

Oil is really just a personal preference, read reviews and test results and decide who you want to believe. Synthetic is the way to go for best performance, if you want to spend some money get Royal Purple or AMSOIL. If you want to save a couple bucks a quart go with Mobil1. I think royal purple is the best out there...there is a reason no company includes them in their synthetic oil comparison tests. Its also guaranteed for 12,000 miles if you want to stretch it. You can get it for about $7.50 a quart online or in the store from Advance Auto Parts.

~Dealer 5-30 dino oil with OEM filter every 3000 x 2 changes.

~Then German Castrol 0-30 with NAPA Gold 1334 (oversized made by WIX/Dana; need full 5 quarts with this one) every 3750 until the warranty gods satisfied.

~Thereafter OCI probably every 7000 depending on what is new with oil at the time.

~GREATER FLOW = GREATER LUBRICATION/HEAT DISIPATION/PROTECTION

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/faq.php...tor_oil_basics

There, you have your useful info, delete your subscription to this thread NOW and RUN!!!!!

Mods, lets lock this now and sticky as mentioned please!

I am really and truly.... amazed. I thought I was hallucinating for a second there.

Am I trapped in an alternate lgt.com universe today?

Just make sure you flush your engine with water first to get all the oil out!!

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/368307-im-done-with-this-car.html

Why is it that guys who drive Mustangs want to put their pen!s's in each others faces???

RE: I'm done with this car!

Quote:

ORIGINAL: 86_GT_Mustang

I will give you 100 for it

i'll give him a smack in the face with ma'PEN15

If you wish to know the health of your engine and find out if you are changing your oil often enough, and if the filter is doing its job, check out

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

You send them a sample of your oil. They send you a special container, you mail it back (do it at the next oil change)

They email you an analysis of the oil with a report explaining what is there that should and shouldn't be there. The presence of alluminum in my S4 oil indicated piston scuffiing - a prelude to disaster and I sold the car.

They will also analyize trans and dif oil. Costs about $20. I have no affiliation, just a customer

Well thanks to all who gave me an actual response..to everyone else, isn't that what this forum is for is asking questions you are unsure about? I just bought my car and I already said I'm not a gearhead, so I don't understand why the bashing is necessary.

Archived