LegacyGT.com

Changing Oil: Best for LGT?

~Dealer 5-30 dino oil with OEM filter every 3000 x 2 changes.

~Then German Castrol 0-30 with NAPA Gold 1334 (oversized made by WIX/Dana; need full 5 quarts with this one) every 3750 until the warranty gods satisfied.

~Thereafter OCI probably every 7000 depending on what is new with oil at the time.

~GREATER FLOW = GREATER LUBRICATION/HEAT DISIPATION/PROTECTION

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/faq.php...tor_oil_basics

All of us were newbies at one point; hell I still am. Really, welcome aboard and hold fast Grasshopper. Check out this link as it has great technical and practical info (I promise no references to eye of Newt).

"Exceeding the speed limit is not improtant; getting there as fast as you can is." tlewis7

Well thanks to all who gave me an actual response..to everyone else, isn't that what this forum is for is asking questions you are unsure about? I just bought my car and I already said I'm not a gearhead, so I don't understand why the bashing is necessary.

Just stick around for a bit of time and see all the oil threads that pop up. You will understand.

Just be very careful that you don't get any soap on your intercooler :eek:

Well thanks to all who gave me an actual response..to everyone else, isn't that what this forum is for is asking questions you are unsure about? I just bought my car and I already said I'm not a gearhead, so I don't understand why the bashing is necessary.
As others have said, it's nothing personal on you... but it does get rather annoying to have to answer the same question all the time. That's why every forum recommends you search for your answer first, before posting. In this case, the oil question has been covered ad nauseum... if you did a search and some reading, you would have found your answer.

That's why you may have felt bashed-on...

Just stick around for a bit of time and see all the oil threads that pop up. You will understand.

Just be very careful that you don't get any soap on your intercooler :eek:

Thats why I only get my car washed at the dealership!

I think when I buy an Itsme FMIC I'll take the good old stocker through the Quikwash in town to send it off in a blaze of glory.

Thats why I only get my car washed at the dealership!

I think when I buy an Itsme FMIC I'll take the good old stocker through the Quikwash in town to send it off in a blaze of glory.

Get in on the GB now! We need three more people. itsme said there may be no more future GBs if we can't even fill up the second one

Get in on the GB now! We need three more people. itsme said there may be no more future GBs if we can't even fill up the second one

Full of win. I cant wait to go back to stock and sell my used FMIC for $1000 :lol:

(this is a joke for those who dont know, Bry is my buddy, I wish him the best. Just teasing how people are tight with money right now. HEY I AM TOO!)

I would but I'm in the middle of a divorce and I'm paying two rents, two utilities, two phone bills, two everythings basically... and therefore don't have 750 laying around... plus I will eventually be able to buy one off someone used worste case...

/end thread hijack

Never change the oil or filter. Just simply rejuvinate with one pinch of powdered RIGHT ONLY wombat testicle and two pinches of Eye of Newt every Summer Solstice.

and don't forget to worship a deity every 500 mi...or else...

Just make sure you flush your engine with water first to get all the oil out!!

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/368307-im-done-with-this-car.html

And for "insert your deity's name here"-sake: NEVER USE MOTOR FLUSH on a higher mileage vehicle...it removes what's holding y'all's shit together!!!

Archived