LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Kaz, you need a 2.5 in that thing! I'm going to schedule an appointment at the dealership today for a new tranny! I can't wait to ditch the one that is in my car right now. 20,000 miles of rough shifts is getting old.

I bet you'd love to get his mpgs, though...

^^ :D

if I swap, I'll probably go with a newer 2.5 or a wrx swap. I've been thinking of just gutting the 2.2 and putting in some new internals though, just so it runs smoother you know? 98LGT, how much is a tranny going to run you? I've been thinking of replacing mine too, but doing the work myself.

Kaz, I'm working on getting a low mileage one put in. Obviously I can't pay for a brand new one because I'm only 17 and I don't have $2,500. Usually a lower mileage used one that works fine runs about $700 or $800 installed. I'm just waiting for the guy to call me back about if he found one then I can make the appt.

c_w_j, I'm pretty content with my gas mileage. I got just over 23 mpg my last tank of gas. I can't complain at all because my mom has a Yukon XL and my dad has a huge truck so no matter what I'm always the persont that gets the best gas mileage in my family :]

Edited by 98LGTLover

quader, did you get a new engine or is that actual mileage? If that is actual mileage than that is a pretty rare find.

Original milage, the two previous owners before me seemed like they didn't drive it. I can't find a spot of rust even on the underside