LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you know that you can shift the auto with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, D right? it works great for up shifting, downshifting is ok 1st sucks its got a speed limiter so it wont drop to 1st till you get going slow. If you have an exaust downshift around 3500rpm and it sound pretty sick. just be carefull that you dont pop a HG. BUT you can go to http://www.xcceleration.com/leg-drive-sup.htmhttp://www.xcceleration.com/images/lev/MVC-003S.JPG

when mine was still auto i was rocking this its great but i still rather have a stick lol

I wish I had the know-how to do a swap to manual in my 4EAT limited :(

148,865 as of tonight for the body, and motor is unknown. I'd hope that whoever swapped in the 2.2 for mine chose a low-mileage one!

How do people find these low mileage Subarus? I can't find one up here, that is for sale, to save my life! When I got my car in December, 2007 it has somewhere around 102k now it has 116,6XX.

Kaz, I know what you mean! If it were easy and inexpensive to do I would have it done tomorrow. Then I wouldn't have to deal with my quirky 4EAT.

go south, people drive less down here, up in VT i had to drive 45min to get to school, down here these kids can walk to school lol. plus no salt down here = no rust, I got my truck down here no rust at all its a 1994 with a 7.3 powerstroke with 176,000miles, just in case you dont know a diesel engine can go for well over 1,000,000 miles

I know about diesels. I don't care much for Powerstrokes though, they are way to noisy! I prefer Cummins. I love Dodge's with Cummins engines in them. I wish they would make the new Fords with a Cummins engine, that would be the perfect combination.

Up here where I live you have to have a car to get anywhere. The Subaru's here have 150K-250K on them, if you find one with as low of miles as mine then you have lucked out. Even though those Subaru's have so many miles they still sell for $4,000 because there is a high demand for Subaru's here.

Haha I call the Powerstrokes Rattlestrokes because they make so much noise. I like the Cummins because it is quiet and they haven't changed there engines so much. They had the 5.9 forever and now they have the 6.7. Ford has changed the Powerstroke too many times, in my opinion. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just explaining my thinking on the subject lol

yea i havnt experianced the new ones yet i got a good old 7.3 been around forever, i dont have anything against cummins i just like a good loud diesel haha just figured i'd throw this last part in........NOW back to the subarus lol

Lol yeah I can imagine! I haven't had the headgasket issue yet. I'm just kind of waiting for it to happen. I want to buy another 2nd gen Legacy GT or Outback with the head gaskets already taken care of because over the course of the next couple years I'll be driving about 2,000 miles a month and I don't want it to happen to me when I'm a ways from home.

yea that would suck, i was about 4 hrs and 250 miles or so from home when mine did it, i had to have AAA tow it 100 miles "there limit" then had my neighbor drive the rest of the way down he owns his own towing company in his truck and tow it the rest of the way back lol

Haha my dad has a goose neck trailer with a winch on it so when anyone in my family has a break down he picks up the car. We have only had to do it once though and that was because my mom's fuel pump in her Yukon XL stopped working. My Subaru hasn't broken down on me ever -knock on wood-

I've worked my but off to pay for all those parts, and everything i ever won racing went into that car. I'm only 20 and I bought the car in September 2005. I just want to make it clear that I'm not a spoiled rich kid, I make more money then my dad does lol, so everything I have I've earned the hard way. sry had to put that in I get allot of people that see what i have and attribute that to have rich parents which i do not.

Anyway yes me and my Friends did all of the work which helped keep the cost down, with the exception of the paint. It was allot of fun for the most part. I donno how much stuff you've replaced on your's so far but some of the stuff is a major PIA lol like installing the rear strut tower bar what a head ache.

Haha I'm not really a spoiled rich kid but my car was given to me for Christmas in 2007. The only reason I got it was because it was totalled and my dad works in the auto body business. Since I got it after it was fixed the first time it has been wrecked two more times... None of which were my fault. So it has had a whole new front end one, then parital front end again, and now a new rear door on the drivers side. Along with getting the back bumper repainted and quarter panel repainted. Mechanically, I haven't had hardly anything done. Just oil changes, new belts, and new O2 sensor to make the check engine light go off. I haven't paid for anything that has been done to my car. I've only been paying for the gas that has gone into the last two months. Yes my parents pay for almost everything I do but I do not take that for granted... I appreciate everything they do. I'm 17 and I do have a job but I help them a lot so that is why they pay for a lot of the stuff that gets done with the car.

lol well thats cool. I've never been in an accident unless you consider ripping my mirror off in a rally race I got a little to close to a tree lol but i was going about 80 so it didn't hurt the car just the mirror which is easily replaced. and well I've had other catastrophic mechanical failures like my rotors disintegrating a 120 on the track ha ha that was fun!

me and my suby have been threw allot together, its gonna be sad seeing someone else drive away in it and never see it again. lol I've prolly put as many miles on the back seat as I have the car itself lol if only that car could talk LMAO