LegacyGT.com

2.5i Exhaust Question

CDN I bought a magnaflow CBE with two resonators in it. A magnaflow, and a Vibrant bottle style like you linked to. It also has silencers in the tips. The old owner wanted a very quiet exhaust.

The old owner had Magnaflow->Vibrant on the straight pipe, and during the install the magnaflow resonator was hitting the heatshield(?) protecting the driveline(?) going back to the rear wheels. I didn't want it too quiet anyways, so losing one was OK, and I had to chop it off.

So far, it's pretty quiet, at idle it's fairly quiet, and only around 3k does it get a bit louder. I can take a video of it sometime if you want, and also if my dB meter still works can test that out for you too.

I also have a 4EAT so, on highway I'm always around 3k, and the drone isn't too bad~ although I do listen to music while driving so that may drown it out a bit.

tl;dr Magnaflow CBE (gt fitment), with 1 vibrant resonator, and silencers in tips and it's fairly quiet.

Do you have UEL headers or not?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CDN I bought a magnaflow CBE with two resonators in it. A magnaflow, and a Vibrant bottle style like you linked to. It also has silencers in the tips. The old owner wanted a very quiet exhaust.

The old owner had Magnaflow->Vibrant on the straight pipe, and during the install the magnaflow resonator was hitting the heatshield(?) protecting the driveline(?) going back to the rear wheels. I didn't want it too quiet anyways, so losing one was OK, and I had to chop it off.

So far, it's pretty quiet, at idle it's fairly quiet, and only around 3k does it get a bit louder. I can take a video of it sometime if you want, and also if my dB meter still works can test that out for you too.

I also have a 4EAT so, on highway I'm always around 3k, and the drone isn't too bad~ although I do listen to music while driving so that may drown it out a bit.

tl;dr Magnaflow CBE (gt fitment), with 1 vibrant resonator, and silencers in tips and it's fairly quiet.

Thanks Sulk,

Yah, I'll check with one of my local club members and see if he thinks I can fit the small Vibrant 1794 in the last part of the mid-pipe before the Y. I'm just going to shop around a bit to see where I can get the best price. So far I've found it for US$52.15 incl free shipping.

CDN, pretty sure my vibrant is the 18" version, cause its pretty beefy. Next time I go out I will have to measure it to double check.

But compared to what most people say about the magnaflow being really loud, it seems even with just one vibrant resonator, it can do a lot to quiet it down.

• 9 months later...

^^ yes that will bolt up fine, 06-09 2.5i's have the same exhaust as the GTs other than the UEL and EL headers.

While im in here I got a question for you guys, any idea on how to make my car louder without losing power? I have X02 cans on it right now and I love how it sounds I just wish it were a bit louder.

Performance wise, I think the factory resonator is pretty good - mine was a straight through design.

I've got two of the 'bullet' style in my cxlighting cbe and it can still drone a bit under load at certain rpms, albeit significantly reduced (read now wife approved).

Archived