LegacyGT.com

2.5i Exhaust Question

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have it LOL :lol: but if the one you order doesnt have bungs im sure you can fork over the $2/per to get two making it a whopping $39.99 typically the real OBDII CARB cats have both bungs no CEL's when it was on the car

It'll make it a lot deeper but not louder I believe... And pawlawl, you know you wanna get the headers and not just a resonator... Haha I don't help ANYONE'S cause.

Ohh i already have the headers, they are collecting dust in my closet :lol: I need a cat and a resonator, plus the custom pipes to connect them, and the O2 sensor extension, and I'll be set :)

Alright guys, just wanted to confirm what I really need to make this happen since there's so many different ways that shtbxr22 and GEE-OTTO have done it. According to info on GEE-OTTO's other thread and this thread, I can do the following:

Impreza 2.5RS header which bolts to...

2.25" universal catalytic converter with 2 bungs (as linked on the 2nd page of this thread) OR OEM catalytic converter from Impreza RS (as mentioned in GEE-OTTO's other thread) which leads to...

24" Magnaflow resonator...then connects back to OEM Y-pipe and axle-back?

Am I missing anything or have the wrong idea? And is there anything wrong with using the stock resonator?

Thanks guys!!

what is that lol?

had to google that ish, and no i don't lol. I had the nickname paul wall longg before that wannabe came around :lol:

right now im at good ol tidewater community college in va

Haha... Wannabe indeed, I had to ask though!

Cool cool.

Alright guys, just wanted to confirm what I really need to make this happen since there's so many different ways that shtbxr22 and GEE-OTTO have done it. According to info on GEE-OTTO's other thread and this thread, I can do the following:

2.25" universal catalytic converter with 2 bungs (as linked on the 2nd page of this thread) OR OEM catalytic converter from Impreza RS (as mentioned in GEE-OTTO's other thread) which leads to...

Am I missing anything or have the wrong idea? And is there anything wrong with using the stock resonator?

Thanks guys!!

Here is what youll need the simple setup as i call it :

-2.5 RS header

-A high flow cat with bungs installed or you can have them put in for $2

-two mufflers of your choice cheap, mid range, high end you choose they really dont impact sound as much as the resonator and cat do.

-You can use any resonator you want i.e. glass pack, cherry bomb, or another straight thru muffler

-O2 options extend them yourself (splice in 16ga wire DONT USE SOLID CORE wire) or buy the Subaru O2 extensions I think $34 for a 24" but they come in up to 36" lengths

Take all that to a exhaust shop and have them put it all together for you.

When running that setup I put my headers on before I took it to the shop and extended my O2 wires as well.

OR

You can buy a catalytic converter and the headers only and buy the CX Lightening LGT catback for $320 SHIPPED w/ a resonator built in. Now i know your like WTF but consider this: You can put the catback on in minutes put your headers on in minutes the only thing you will need the shop to do is fab a short pipe using your cat to connect the two pieces you can then extend your own O2 wires once you get home or have them do it. This is a much more modular approach and you dont have to buy separate mufflers, resonator, and pipes and flanges.

I have sold my setups to RS25.com members and actually will be exploring this as the final setup that i will run full time. Now you can obviously get any catback you want made for a LGT but keep that in mind:);):rolleyes::wub::eek::confused::cool::p:)

Thanks guys!!

Stock resonator works it Effs the sound slightly look at Shbxr22 first videos he has the stock blimp on

Ok so I got a reply saying that cat doesn't have the O2 sensor bungs, GeeOtto, what do you mean have them installed for two bucks? At a shop?

O2 bungs are like $1 a piece. I figured out the error in my reporting to you. When I got my cat form the exhaust shop they had O2 Bungs x2 ---$2.00 I think what happend was they had the Thunderbolt and put the bungs in it at the shop I thought they came with bungs. Well anyway the cat worked flawless and the bungs are still a minor issue overall.

I should say from now on if you dont have a cat with bungs ask to have them installed they are simple threaded metal washer that gets welded in the side of the pipe before and after your cat.

Thanks GEE-OTTO!

I was looking at a Magnaflow cat that has 2 bungs built-in with a 2.25inch inlet/outlet. There's 2 different models for it though. One has a 2inch core and the other has a 2.5inch core. Do you know if the size of the core makes a difference in sound, volume, etc?

Also, why does the OBX design look different than the ebay/Borla one? :confused:

OBX (courtesy of Subie2.5i)

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72899&d=1251823394

eBay/Borla

http://left.uits.iupui.edu/amk/HD-018/HD-018-A.jpg

Archived