LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might plan on having like a mini-install day. All my tools are up in Bellingham, WA.

mclarenf3 may come down, depending on when I commendere the GT from the fiance.

More are welcome.

So, being the eternal slacker that I am, I'm now finally finding time to install this.

Is there any programing or updates I need to do before installing it?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Is there any programing or updates I need to do before installing it?

Since version 1.04 and previous is not up-gradable...nope. Most of the recent discussion has been about version 1.05, we are doing beta testing now. First unit ships tomorrow and the second is soon to follow. I have about 6 beta testers and look forward to the feedback.

Is there one for '10+?
Not yet...but I will need a beta tester for placement and fit when this one comes out...we are all set for LGT 4th Gen 1.05 beta testers.
VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

• 2 weeks later...

A few Beta units are out, haven't heard much feedback yet, it's a busy time of year. I hope the install goes well. When I installed mine I found it a little tricky to fold the ribbon cable correctly to get proper fitment into the vent. This version uses a slightly thicker ribbon cable to accommodate more signal I/O. I don't think it's a problem just need to write up a little blurb in the install manual so people know they can fold it without worry about crushing it.

I am trying to get the programming instructions out soon as well. I want the beta testers to run through that process to see if they have any problems programming.

I also need to get the updated manual out because a few of the configurations menus have changed.

10+ LGT proto fitment board should be arriving soon! I know there's a few LGT 10+s out there waiting. I do want to do maybe two beta testers on that one for fitment issues / install pics.

Well, I just finally saw the VBG for myself. I have been subscribed to this thread for over a year. Such an interesting project and I'm positive I will get one of these as soon as you have more of them made. It has been said before, but what a high quality piece of work, lossol.

• 2 weeks later...

No prob, hope to get a pic or two up of the ribbon cable fold needed for installation, that part may be the trickiest but not bad. Just don't want any gauges not turning on b/c of cable install...

Other news:

Production units are out for quote. Hoping to hear news back soon about delivery times.

IMAG0409.thumb.jpg.1cb4e4f15658d6fec55d4c31d7893dfe.jpg

New overlays for 5th Gen LGT are on their way from the factory. Already have the PCB.

It may be necessarily to put a fold in the ribbon cable to allow some horizontal strain relief on the connector assembly. I have had good success making a fold like shown. The idea is to get the ribbon cable to go off to the left and exit the vent out the plastic notch area shown.

IMAG0411.thumb.jpg.74de612725abef0fcc034b4b27116fcb.jpg

IMAG0412.thumb.jpg.c763c1d532d150547b9ba6c1c8e4a24f.jpg

IMAG0410.thumb.jpg.642f2f2447b7250951d2fa9c77185eb9.jpg

Got my replacement unit! Installed and everything seems to be working!

Boost, oil pressure, and voltage all working! Did a quick run, and made sure everything was working!

Will report back in the next week with updates and suggestions!

Keep up the good work Andy!

JP